Author Topic: Edward McParland  (Read 15614 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edward McParland
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 15 January 11 06:14 GMT (UK) »
I couldn't find anything on the online records for land... McParland isn't an easy transcription to find intact...
so will post this 1891 McParland bunch in Ottawa, Portland East /Quebec  parents born  Ontario with parents
who were both born Ireland but now in Quebec....a daughter Rose
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/census-1891/001081-119.02-e.php?person_id_nbr=4261304
( Rose Mcparland  Christening 1865  Saint Francis Xavier, Brockville, Ontario, Canada
parents Barnabas Mcparland  & Bridget Cunningham) If they turn out to be related, Father is also known as Bernard, Barny, and several children moved to U.S.

and this lot in Ontario of Irish descent...Parlland/Parland
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/census-1891/001081-119.02-e.php?person_id_nbr=1913615

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 15 January 11 06:17 GMT (UK) »
oh, ohhhhhh...this could be good...In 1852 An Ann McParlen age 34 born Ireland in Chichester...scroll right for image list
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/census-1851/001005-119.02-e.php?&sisn_id_nbr=28663&page_id_nbr=16035&interval=20&&f=jpg
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 15 January 11 19:00 GMT (UK) »
I was wondering who the Gennings boys in the 1851/2 Census were and found they are apparently Ann's children from a previous marrage. There is a marriage in 1896 of Arthur (as Jennings) son of the late James Jennings and the late Ann McParlon.

And .....

Taking a second look at the 1881 Census for Edward and Ann, who do we find living next door but a widowed Ann Stone, 66, b. Ireland and a Pat Stone 26.

And next door to Ann are Arthur Gennings, 32, and a married James Gennings, 37, and his family.

This could be purely coincidental but I think more likely represents a link between Edward and the Ann McParlen Stone that J.J. found in the 1851/2 Census. Unfortunately,this still doesn't help you find what part of Ireland your Edward came from.

Polarbear

We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 15 January 11 20:19 GMT (UK) »
Bingo!!!!!

Looks like a clue at last .... translated from the French:

James Jennings, son of deceased Arthur Jennings farmer and Mary Ferris (?) of County Armagh, Ireland married Anne McParlane, dau of deceased John McParlane farmer and Rose Conyingham of the same county of Armagh, Ireland 26 Apr 1841, Montreal, Quebec at Notre-Dame Basilica.

They baptized their son James Richard at this church in 1842. Added: indexed as Ginnings.

'Cunningham' is off a bit but I can't see this Anne not being a sister to Edward. Hope I am correct  :).

The earlier 1851/2 Census I posted earlier for the widowed John McParland seems now to not be the correct family although they could somehow be related.

Polarbear

We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 15 January 11 21:01 GMT (UK) »
ahhh, was too tired last night to even note that she was with a man & children, was just a late night eureka to see her there just before shutting down! I was hoping she might have something in her docs, and there you go, polar bear to the rescue...heehee, I find a tidbit and she turns it into a feast... ;D
Plus John may still be
Once again I am so pleased with the prowess of our volunteers and their findings. Getting closer to finding more...

hello, Sojourn20 ....Some late nights devoted to sifting through documents galore to find this!

So you have Edward and Ann McParland McParlane  b. Armagh, Ireland 
father John McParland/e (deceased prior to 1841 see below*) a farmer,   mother Rose Cunningham

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 15 January 11 21:33 GMT (UK) »
The way Quebec parish records normally read, it w/h said 'deceased' Rose and it doesn't so I think she should be considered to be still alive at the time of Anne's marriage.

To clarify .... I didn't mention that both James and Anne were members of the parish of Notre-Dame and were thus living in Montreal. Their parents, dead or alive, all appear to be in County Armagh, Ireland if my translation is correct.

Sojourn20, if your local library subscribes to Ancestry Library Edition you should be able to access Quebec baptism, marriage and burial records for your family. There was no Civil Registration until well into the 20th Century so the only records are parish records. These records are found in the Drouin Collection.

Polarbear

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 15 January 11 22:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks...the order of words fooled me have now corrected with an asterix....Also noted that my paste didn't work for the 1891 couple from Ontario who moved to Quebec, have now revised the url...

Here are some births for the Nipissing familes    1869-1907  http://www.nipissingongenweb.org/vitstat.html
Seems all three sisters married Brennan boys!
  Sarah J McPARLAND and her husband John BRENNAN / BREIMAN?  ( pair of twins listed for them)
  Mary Anne McPARLAND and her husband Lawrence William BRENNAN
  Rosa Ellen McPARLAND and her husband Michael BRENNAN     
  Malvina McPARLAND and her husband  Michael J.  TACKNEY,

Offline Sojourn20

• RootsChat Extra
  • ~Kristina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 17 January 11 03:29 GMT (UK) »
Thank you polarbear and J.J.! This is a great help!! You've given me a lot to look into, and have been amazingly generous with your time. Thanks so much :)

Offline Sojourn20

• RootsChat Extra
  • ~Kristina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 17 January 11 03:37 GMT (UK) »
Also, I will check with the library to see if they have access to those records you mentioned.
Those Brennan boys must have been real lookers xD.