Author Topic: Kent - Appledore, East Grinstead records - Roser  (Read 1056 times)

Offline tmm1975

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Kent - Appledore, East Grinstead records - Roser
« on: Thursday 06 January 11 01:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Am looking for someone who can check the BMDs for William Roser, possibly born 1802 in Appledore Kent, Diana Wilson b: 1803 Kent and their son John b: 1829 possibly Kent.  All were travelling people.  Need to confirm that William is my William, this is the first birth record that I have found that could possibly match.  I have parents as Thomas Roser and Sarah Wood, but is this really him?  Also looking for Diana's parents and John's death.  Believe he died post 1841.  William and Diana married in about 1830in Kent we believe.  But would it be unusual at that time to have a child out of marriage?  I know it is a big ask, but would be willing to help out with Australian records if needed.
Cheers and Thanks
Tanya
Beacham-Sussex & WA, Harrold-Norfolk & WA, Jennings-Wiltshire & WA & SA, Henningsen-Denmark, Tas & WA, Metcalf-Suffolk & WA

Offline janinez

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kent - Appledore, East Grinstead records - Roser
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 January 11 02:20 GMT (UK) »
William Roser son of Thomas Roser and Sarah Wood, daughter of Richard Wood born 22 Feb 1802 Appledore, Kent. Film No. 815938 - not Diana Wilson though, will keep looking

This him?
Ellis, Coll, Ward, Toovey, Tait, Stone, Fowler, Stephenson, Dry, Townsend, Walters, Grainger,

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 January 11 09:09 GMT (UK) »
I did already post a possible marriage for William and Diana on another post (1828 Otford) and also a baptism for their son John 1829 Mereworth http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,296659.0.html

There is also a burial for a John ROSER at East Grinstead in Sussex 1841 which is where the family were living at the time of the 1841 census several months before which could be the son http://www.familysearch.org - it will be worth checking this out to see if there is an age mentioned.

Casalguidi :)

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tmm1975

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 January 11 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Casalguidi and Janinez,

Thanks so much for the burial of John, should have looked at Family Search. I think there are so many that when you have a break you forget where to look.  Thanks also for the marriage I had asked for it before in the main area, but was hoping that possibly someone could access their marriage certificate.  Do you need to go to a records office and pay for these in the UK.  You do in Aust and they cost a fortune. 

I am wondering if this is William also Janinez.  Jan James the lady who wrote 'In search of Elizabeth' had been trying for years to locate his parents and I would dearly love to try and confirm this for her.  I was emailing her the other night about this.  Any help would be brilliant.

Cheers and thanks both of you.
Tanya
Beacham-Sussex & WA, Harrold-Norfolk & WA, Jennings-Wiltshire & WA & SA, Henningsen-Denmark, Tas & WA, Metcalf-Suffolk & WA