Author Topic: Workers who arrived with the first Fleets....where can I find a list?  (Read 6049 times)

Offline Lita T

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Workers who arrived with the first Fleets....where can I find a list?
« Reply #18 on: Monday 15 January 24 09:04 GMT (UK) »
@ Kensi.... long shot, as this is an old post, but your Husband's Elizabeth, I believe is sister to my GGG Grandmother Margaret.  All other details are also in my tree (William Arrowsmith etc). 
I am wondering if you have any further information relating to the family.  I have some conflicting info my end. 
There is conflicting info with Margaret being Arrowsmith or Smith.  I can't find anything on her, apart from just some basic stuff, and all research stops with her daughter Mary Deamer.     Old 'hear say' here is that my Margaret took the identity also of the Margaret Arrowsmith.
Anyway, any info would be great.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 16 January 24 02:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lita T.
Where can we view your tree (William Arrowsmith etc.)
There are a couple of trees on Ancestry.  Is it one of them?

I hope Kensi sees your post and chats with you about your interesting family.

Meantime, it would be worth your while to get a transcription of the birth certificate of a child of William and Hannah born after 1856.  It will show mother's maiden name and at least help settle that controversy. Morgan/Doherty. ;D.  If you have not already done this.

Perhaps George.   ARROWSMITH 6401/1857

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lita T

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 16 January 24 02:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue
Our tree is on ancestry, but private at moment, as we are researching some info that has been recorded incorrectly.
I have Mary's birth Cert, which list William and Margaret, but unfortunately birth certs/transcripts for Margaret and her parents are not on file, as I've been told they are too.old, so goes to church records, which are not providing enough info.
Interesting my sister and I have no DNA matches come with Margaret, only William, which makes me wonder if the identity swap happened.  With William, I have Matches with William.
Our ancestey is like opening Pandora's box, there's so much conflicting info with DNA compared to written evidence.
Oh the saga continues.  I hope Kensi sees my post and may have some info.  Otherwise a trip back to Dingog may solve issues.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 16 January 24 23:26 GMT (UK) »
hi Lita.
The point of my suggestion about getting a birth certifcate for a child of William and Hannah is to define with certainty that the mother's name was DOHERTY not MORGAN. (See previous pages of this thread).

George was born to them after civil registration in NSW. If completed correctly it will offer a good  deal of valuable information.

Just recommending that you do not focus too much on the recent interesting discrepancies if there is doubt about the earlier fundamentals  ;D and I am not seeing much in the way of certificates in current published research on this family 
Sue

Offline Lita T

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 17 January 24 00:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue
Yes I understand why having birth Cert.  I have ordered heaps over time for ancestors.  Trouble is BDM don't have it.  I've ordered it twice and all I get is baptism.  And the details say William Smith and Anne Dogherty.  Yet all other doc says Arrowsmith.  Are they different people with exact same details, or did they drip the 'Arrow', or isnit something else.  To hard to put all the detail of the research in this thread, but I need to find out the historical info, so I can work out where it fits currently.
There's so much incorrect info on Ancestry, so trying to ensure that I sift through what is correct.
Found heaps on trove about George I think it was.
Agh the saga continues 😁

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 17 January 24 02:30 GMT (UK) »
Of course they have it!

ARROWSMITH GEORGE
6401/1857
Parents WILLIAM And HANNAH
At DUNGOG

Sue

Offline Lita T

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 17 January 24 02:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue

Have you been talking about birth cert for George?  I've been talking about Margaret, and they don't have her birth Cert.  However, ordering George may list his other siblings (Inc Margaret), so might be worth checking out.
Margaret is my line of heritage. 

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 17 January 24 03:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lita,
I think you need to carefully read back over the whole thread.
It seems like you are missing parts and there is confusion.

My advice. Get George's DC. Details above.

Kensi was last onlinehere  in 2019.

Sue