Author Topic: Fowler of Urquart and Logie Wester  (Read 1926 times)

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fowler of Urquart and Logie Wester
« on: Friday 07 January 11 11:28 GMT (UK) »
My 3 x Great grandfather was called Kenneth Fowler. From his age at death I calculate his birth year to be 1761 approx. He joined the Royal Artillery and was stationed at shore fortifications around the East and south coast of England over the period 1795 to 1814, finally ending up in Jersey (probably at Fort Regent) where he died in 1839. All his children were baptised in Independent NC chapels - one at the Scots Presbyterian Church in Kent. I suspect he may have been from Scotland and have found that a Keneth Foular was baptised on  5 July 1762 at Urquart and Logie Wester (parents James Foular and Margaret McCrae). Does anyone have any more information about this Ken(n)eth? If he married, raised a family and/or died in the area he would not be my ancestor, but if he seemingly disappeared at 16 + (to join army) he might still be a candidate.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline Chortlegirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Fowler of Urquart and Logie Wester
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 January 11 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lizzie

I've got Fowlers from Urquhart and Logie Wester in my tree, but no mention of a Kenneth Fowler.

I've also checked a book of MIs I've got for Urqhuart Burial Ground and although there are quite a few Fowlers, there aren't any Kenneth Fowlers mentioned.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Lynn
Gunn, Grant, McAskill, McKenzie, McIver, McLeod (Gairloch, ROC, Scotland)
Ross, McLeod, Campbell, Graham, Gair, Bain, McCulloch (Nigg & Fearn, ROC, Scotland)
Thomson, Matheson, Paterson, Gray, Munro, Fowler, McDonald, Murray, Hossack, McKenzie (Resolis, ROC, Scotland)
McTavish, Fraser, McLellan(?) (Dores, INV, Scotland)

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Fowler of Urquart and Logie Wester
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 January 11 14:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi.
Thanks for your reply. So if the Keneth fro Urquart didn't also die there, he's still a possibility to be my ancestor.

Liz
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott