Author Topic: Problems with Police Daily Orders Site  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Dimps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • GET STUCK IN...
    • View Profile
Problems with Police Daily Orders Site
« on: Friday 15 April 05 10:32 BST (UK) »
I have registered with www.policeorders.co.uk, but am unable to get beyond the Login page.  Emails to the adminstrator bounce back and attempts to open the "Problems" page prove fruitless.  My email address is among the list of approved types.  Have other people experience problems with this site, or am I doing something wrong?  Any suggestions?

Deborah
Linberry, Chatfield, Faulkner, West in West Sussex<br />Towell, in Shoreditch and Exeter<br />Spurling from Norfolk<br />Bateson from Norfolk<br />Snell, Lorkin, Norman from Suffolk<br />O'Boyle/Boyle from Donegal<br />Murray, McCann, Gunn from Sutherland<br />Davis, Bute from Woolwich<br /><br />Census information contained in this post is Crown copyright:  www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Offline mickgall

• RootsChat Senior
  • Albert Gall 1897-1951
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Police Daily Orders Site
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 April 05 23:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Deborah

I had problems the other day,I couldn't log in at all.
I think they've made a few changes to the site and this is the cause of the problems, hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Mick
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

GALL-Norfolk,Cardiff,LondonTHOMAS-London,Herts,
PRIOR-N.Ireland,WOODS-N.Ieland,
DAWKES-Warks,DAVIS-Warkes'Wales,
JENNINGS-Surrey,Warks,London,SHELDRAKE-Essex,London,
BRITTON-Berks,BLAKELEY-Dewsbury W.Yorks

Offline mickgall

• RootsChat Senior
  • Albert Gall 1897-1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 April 05 23:37 BST (UK) »
hi again Deborah

I just managed to log on after my last post so I think its up and running again :)

Mick

Offline Dimps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • GET STUCK IN...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 April 05 01:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Mick,

I've just tried again (a few times) with no success.  I can't even get through by alternative methods to find out why my email address is invalid (according to information on the site, it should be valid, though).  When I registered, I received the automated reply from the "webmaster" with my User ID and Password, and also an email address for queries - emails to that address just bounce back.  I have tried re-registering - but , as soon as I enter my email address I receive a message saying that I have already registered (of course).  Any ideas?

As you seem to be able to get through - a cheeky request coming up - would you be able to relay my problem: my thinking is that, perhaps, as I registered during maintenance on the site, I am somehow "lost" forever?

Thanks
Deborah
Linberry, Chatfield, Faulkner, West in West Sussex<br />Towell, in Shoreditch and Exeter<br />Spurling from Norfolk<br />Bateson from Norfolk<br />Snell, Lorkin, Norman from Suffolk<br />O'Boyle/Boyle from Donegal<br />Murray, McCann, Gunn from Sutherland<br />Davis, Bute from Woolwich<br /><br />Census information contained in this post is Crown copyright:  www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Offline mickgall

• RootsChat Senior
  • Albert Gall 1897-1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 April 05 10:17 BST (UK) »
hi Deborah

Let me know who you're looking for and I'll see if I can find them

Mick

Offline Dimps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • GET STUCK IN...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 17 April 05 01:35 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much, Mick.

I am looking for Edwin Chatfield, Reuben Chatfield, William Chatfield and Luke Cobby (this one on behalf of someone else on Rootschat).

Are you able to get through to the administrator to see why new people are unable to access the site?

Thank you very much.

Deborah

Offline Dimps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • GET STUCK IN...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 21 April 05 12:16 BST (UK) »
I have access at last!  - Deborah