Author Topic: Elizabeth O'Reilly  (Read 1400 times)

Offline viking57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Elizabeth O'Reilly
« on: Saturday 08 January 11 05:30 GMT (UK) »
Looking for information on Elizabeth (Lizzie) O'Reilly who was born in 1859 Raheny, Dublin, to possibly William O'Reilly and Elizabeth Drew.
Lizzie came to Tasmania, Australia aboard the Doric on 11 Mar 1887, she was the lady in waiting to Lady Teresa Hamilton, wife of the new Governer of Tasmania Sir Robert Hamilton.
I am trying to confirm her birth and parents.
Any suggestion as to where I may look

Regards

Garry
England; Ford, Ling (Suffolk & Norfolk) Barker, Dove, Elmer, Robins, Thurlow, Yaxley (Norfolk) Blower, Titley,  (Shropshire & Essex), Pollard (Cornwall), Speight (Yorkshire), Nevell (Oxfordshire)
Scotland; Callander (Falkirk), Finlayson,  Dick (Lanarkshire), Carmichael
Ireland; Nowlan, Carmichael
Also all above names in Tasmania, Australia
Alderson, Blair, Burston, Crawford, Windsor (Tasmania, Aust)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth O'Reilly
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 January 11 09:28 GMT (UK) »
To find details before the start of full civil registration (1864) you will need to check for available parish records.

see: Introduction to Irish Records

It the family were Catholic then I believe that Raheny would have been part of the parish of Artane (the parish also would have included Coolock, Clontarf & Santry).

Many Dublin parish records are available (free) on www.irishgenealogy.ie but these concentrate on records for the city area, and Raheny, is just to north in the suburbs and not included in these.

Some RC Records for the parish seem to be included on pay-website of the Irish Family History Foundation at http://www.rootsireland.ie

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline viking57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth O'Reilly
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 January 11 19:38 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Shane,

I will give those a try

Garry
England; Ford, Ling (Suffolk & Norfolk) Barker, Dove, Elmer, Robins, Thurlow, Yaxley (Norfolk) Blower, Titley,  (Shropshire & Essex), Pollard (Cornwall), Speight (Yorkshire), Nevell (Oxfordshire)
Scotland; Callander (Falkirk), Finlayson,  Dick (Lanarkshire), Carmichael
Ireland; Nowlan, Carmichael
Also all above names in Tasmania, Australia
Alderson, Blair, Burston, Crawford, Windsor (Tasmania, Aust)