Author Topic: Looking for Annie P CARTER b c1863  (Read 3230 times)

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Annie P CARTER b c1863
« on: Saturday 08 January 11 11:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am looking for the birth and parents of Annie P Carter b c1863 (according to 1891 & 1901 Census) born Salisbury.  On 1891 Census she was living with her husband John Austin at 31 St Cuthbert Street, Wells, and on 1901 Census living at 21 Alma St, Abertillery.  Can anyone locate her on the census, say 1871 or 1881?

regards Trish
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern

Offline Mort29

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Annie P Carter b c1863
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 January 11 12:42 GMT (UK) »
where did you get her Maiden name of Carter? I cant see a marriage?

were there ever any children to the marriage?

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 January 11 13:14 GMT (UK) »
Of the headstone of John Austin buried Blaina Cemetery and family legend.   From that I was given census for 1891 & 1901 when Annie was Mrs Annie Austin living at 31 St Cuthbert St, Wells & then 21 Alma St, Abertillery.  I believe there were three children, Anita/Annette, who I cannot find a birth for, Margaret born Mar q 1900 Cardiff & John (known as Jack) b Dec q 1904.
I couldnt find the marriage either, John Austin was the great uncle of my mother.  Family legend says he owned quite a bit of property and businesses in the Blaina area.
regards Trish
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern

Offline Mort29

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 08 January 11 13:39 GMT (UK) »
get one of the kids Birth Certs to reveal her former name(s), I have a hunch she was an Annie Patience Grant .....

see your other thread.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 08 January 11 14:46 GMT (UK) »
Margaret b 1900 Cardiff is the daughter of William and Margaret Austin  and appears on 1901/1911 census

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 08 January 11 15:02 GMT (UK) »
there is a birth reg FreeBMD
Annette Austin
Sept qtr 1910
Bedwellty
11a 74
(cannot find her in 1911 index)

Jack or John Austins of abt correct y.o.b. in Mon or Glam have parents William&Margaret/ harry&Ann/William & Louisa/ and there is a John Herbert Austin with parents William John & Annie Eliza

this is a puzzle

What definate information do you have??  What relation are they to you?
Who did theymarry??

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 08 January 11 15:17 GMT (UK) »
Just noticed the death reg Jun qtr 1920 gives name of John A Austin

this very much looks like the death reg of John Albert Austin who died 10 April 1920 -his wife was Charlotte???

or did your John have a middle name??

There are probate records for John Albert Austin and he is the only death reg to be foud Jun qtr bedwellty district

?????

Suz