Author Topic: Looking for Kelly family from Dublin Dun Laoghaire  (Read 3800 times)

Offline yorkshirelass666

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Looking for Kelly family from Dublin Dun Laoghaire
« on: Saturday 08 January 11 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Im new to this and not really sure what I'm doing but I'm having a go.
I'm researching D'Arcys Ireland and Kellys from Dun Laogharie, Dublin. Alacoque Kelly was born 1898 in Dun Laogharie her father is on her marriage certificate as James Kelly deceased who was a mail cart driver. my family say he was killed in an accident whilst driving the cart in bad weather in sallynoggin. Alacoque had a brother Thomas who reputedly became a blacksmith  sister Mary Kate, Celia, Bridget who married John Ward, and Ann. Family dont have much info about the Kellys.
 D'ArcyLooking for a Michael D'Arcy born abt 1899/1900 Ireland he had a brother called Patrick his father was called Lawrence and is on Michaels marriage certificate as a plumber we think these were too from Dublin  Ireland.
Any help or knowledge of where to look would be greatly appreciated as this is a bit overwhelming lol!
D'Arcy from Dun Laogharie , Kelly from Ireland but lived in Wales and Irvine Scotland, Bell from Linlithgow

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Kelly family from Dublin Dun Laoghaire
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 January 11 17:17 GMT (UK) »
To start with here's is a possible match for her birth on the BMD Index. You can use these references to order a cert from from the GRO which will give more details, such as address, mother's maiden name, date and place of birth etc..

Name: Alacoque Josephine Kelly
 Registration district:   Rathdown
 Event type: Birth
 Quarter and year: Apr-Jun 1898
 volume : 2 / page : 855

(Rathdown district covers South East County Dublin and North Co. Wicklow and includes Dun Laoghaire)

For some detail on Irish Records and searching them see :

Introduction to Irish Records

Shane

p.s. I've moved your topic to the main Dublin board which is the one used for queries.

p.p.s - fixed a typo in the first part of the message...

Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 January 11 17:22 GMT (UK) »
this looks like Alacoque with her family  on the 1911 census :

Kelly household - Sarsfield Street, Kingstown (Dun Laoghaire)

mother Kate, and Father James, and his occupation is bread-van driver, Alacoque's brother Thomas is listed as a blacksmith.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 08 January 11 17:29 GMT (UK) »
here's the Kelly family on the earlier census (with name as Alicoque) :

Kelly household, Glenegeary Road, Glasthule - 1901

Glenageary is to the south of Dun Laoghaire and inland.

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 08 January 11 17:34 GMT (UK) »
a possible match for the D'Arcy family... also in Dun Laoghaire ..

D'Arcy household, Patrick St., Kingstown - 1911

Father Laurence is a plumber, and family includes a son Michael age 10 (c1901), and Patrick age 5 (c1906)

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 08 January 11 17:41 GMT (UK) »
one more census ... this time 1901 for the D'Arcy family :

D'Arcy household, Cross Ave, Kingstown - 1901

Household has newly married Laurence Darcy (occ. Plumber), his wife Mary and 10 month old son Michael.   

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline yorkshirelass666

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 08 January 11 19:08 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much, I am amazed!
 I appreciate your help so much, I am a novice so I was unsure how to go about finding things out but you have been so helpfull. I will follow this up straight away thank you again your a star. ;)
D'Arcy from Dun Laogharie , Kelly from Ireland but lived in Wales and Irvine Scotland, Bell from Linlithgow

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 08 January 11 19:43 GMT (UK) »
I am in Dublin with some West Yorkshire ancestors, and you seem to have the opposite!

good luck in your search.... and shout if you need a hand, there's many people on Rootschat that will try to help

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline hayesrachel

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 17 January 22 16:10 GMT (UK) »
thomas kelly 1898 to 1970 was my great grandfather .I'm told he was a farrier and had a forge next to a slaughter house beside an abattoir down the back lanes of dun laoghaire.his mother was a kate redmond originally from wexford and his father was james kelly.thomas married a catherine walsh .they lived in 103 oliver plunkett Rd dunlaoghaire.they had 4 children I think....james,thomas -desmond, Patricia and marie. maybe your thomas kelly