Author Topic: partridges of wrexham/caergwrle  (Read 1752 times)

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
partridges of wrexham/caergwrle
« on: Sunday 09 January 11 19:43 GMT (UK) »
my dad and his sisters were born in bright street wrexham, from the early 1900 until 1924. his name was jack partridge and his dad was james partridge.  they moved to coronation terrace caergwrle in 1941.  i know my grand dad james was born in shrewsbury but i understand they had relatives in the area, Mold was mentioned.,

any one out there related or know of the family.

tx
hooley/cheshire. vernons/cheshire. booths/cheshire
partridges/shrewsbury. evans/pontesbury, shropshire. blowers.shropshire. davies/shropshire. edwards/llay and bala. fox/shropshire

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
Re: partridges of wrexham/caergwrle
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 January 11 22:50 GMT (UK) »
http://www.wrexham.gov.uk/english/community/genealogy/cemeteries_search/CemeteriesIndexSearchForm.cfm

All these are buried in Wrexham Cemetery on Ruabon Road.  The last number is the grave number so you can see that there are 4 in grave 04748.

Surname Forename Age Place of Death  Burial Date Grave Number
  PARTRIDGE  MINNIE ELIZA    43  19 BRIGHT STREET    02/01/1929  04748   
 PARTRIDGE  ADA   81  MAELOR GENERAL HOSPITAL   13/08/1958  04748   
 PARTRIDGE  ALBERT JAMES    55  MAELOR HOSPITAL WREXHAM  09/07/1964  04748 
 PARTRIDGE  JAMES    87  BIRCH HILL HOSPITAL WARDLE  31/12/1973  04748   

PARTRIDGE  ETHEL     72  1 LAWSON RD WREXHAM   06/12/1972  00339   
  PARTRIDGE  LILIAN     69  MAELOR GENERAL HOSPITAL    03/08/1976  0144   
 PARTRIDGE  GERALD ARTHUR WYN     58  1 LAWSON RD WREXHAM  04/02/1983  01093
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: partridges of wrexham/caergwrle
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 January 11 17:28 GMT (UK) »
tx for that

I did know that there was a fam grave in wrexham cem. in fact there is another plot I do know the number. James was my grand dad, Minnie Eliza my grandmother. the others were his siblings

the other names I dont recognise.  ethel nor gerald,  Lilian was the wife of albert, so my aunty.

I used to live in ffrith not far from wrexham and left when i was about 12.  what i am trying to find is other relatives.  will check out ethel as she could be married to one of my grand dads brothers.  there is no gerald tho.  I have hit a brick wall going back to 1841, when my 4 x grand dad william died in shrewsbury.  I am in contact obviously with my cousins but we know nothing of my grand dads brothers and sisters and did wonder why he moved to wrexham.  one of my cousins seem to remember visiting our parent's aunt charlotte and they thought that was in mold.  They seem very elusive.

tx again

hooley/cheshire. vernons/cheshire. booths/cheshire
partridges/shrewsbury. evans/pontesbury, shropshire. blowers.shropshire. davies/shropshire. edwards/llay and bala. fox/shropshire