Author Topic: Connolly/Doyle Search  (Read 7732 times)

Offline bandc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Connolly/Doyle Search
« on: Friday 14 January 11 01:28 GMT (UK) »
Connolly/ Doyle search: I am looking for any information on John Connolly b. 01 Jan 1876 in Knockraheen Roundwood, parents were Patrick Connolly and Mary Thomas. In 1898 John married Catherine Doyle in Roundwood Church her place of residence on marriage cert is  Ashtown Roundwood, she was born 9th Aug 1875, her parents were Joseph Doyle and Sarah Lambert, her birth record states Annamoe but that may be where birth was registered. Birth place for a younger sibling of Catherine's is recorded as Tomriland. I am trying to trace what happened to John and Catherine after their marriage in 1898 , they do not appear in 1901 or 1911 census but have found no record of their emigration between 1898 and 1901. I have a lot of research on Connolly family but no trace of John after his marriage. So I am hoping someone has some information on the Joseph Doyle /Sarah Lambert family from the Roundwood area, that may help to trace them. Catherine Doyle's siblings were Dennis b. 1870, Sarah 1871, James 1872, Ester 1874, Micheal 1877, and Margaret ( Catherine's Bridesmaid) 1879.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Connolly/Doyle Search
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 January 11 01:18 GMT (UK) »
Esther Sara DOYLE, daughter of Joseph Doyle and Sarah Lambert, m.2 Feb.1902 Manhattan, N.Y. to James Joseph Burns. www.familysearch.org
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline bandc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 January 11 18:15 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much for that, are you connected to this Ester Doyle /James Joseph Burns family? If so would love to get more information on them to see if maybe Catherine Doyle and John Connolly emigrated with them or went over to join them and maybe appear as wedding witnesses or child sponsors?
I am not familiar with obtaining American birth, marriage death records as I have just carried out my research so far here in Ireland so I was wondering how I would obtain a copy of that record listed on the familysearch site?
Many thanks Margaret

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 15 January 11 18:47 GMT (UK) »
I'm not connected to the family but found the marriage in the I.G.I. (International Genealogical Index).
There are lots of U.S. resources online like 1900, 1910, 1920 census records so that might be the place to start-
https://www.familysearch.org/#form=advanced-records
The 1920 census (Middlesex Co., New Jersey) has a James Burns (age 44 born Ireland) and wife Esther S. Burns (age 39 born Ireland) with 3 children (Howard, 17, N.J.), Georgiana (14, N.J.) and Albert (11, N.J.) and a Michael Shaughnessey (56, Ireland, widowed).

Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline bandc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 15 January 11 21:02 GMT (UK) »
Thats for that info, will check out those sites