Author Topic: Surname Interest  (Read 3201 times)

Offline Wings

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Surname Interest
« on: Friday 04 June 04 19:39 BST (UK) »
Hi
My surname interest are

Buckett   Titchfield  Area
Gough     Hambledon  Area

If you have any matches let's share info
Wings 99  ::)
Roper Gough Buckett Palmer Pink Palmer

Offline honeybun

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Surname Interest
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 July 04 22:43 BST (UK) »
I am also looking for Bucketts in Titchfield - my late mother's family.  Are you related?  I have only been researching for about 18 months and it is very slow!

Honeybun
Buckett, Woolton: Kent
Buckett: Hampshire and Surrey
Taylor: Wigan
Preece: Herefordshire

Offline Wings

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 July 04 09:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Honeybun
Thank you for your relpy to my message.
I have been researching my Bucketts for a long time my gt gt grandmother Harriet born 1826.I think we could be of the seem Bucketts,can you please let me kwow how far you have got I am very happy to share my info with you.
Best wishes Wings99  ::)

Offline honeybun

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 July 04 21:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your quick reply.  Was Harriet born a Buckett or did she marry into the family?  Only I have a Harriett Buckett in the 1841 Census for Titchfield, she was born in 1826 and her parents are Benjamin and Rebecca.  If this is the right one and you want more details, let me know.   I have 1841 and 1851 Census info from Winchester Archives.

I am looking for the family of John and Frances Buckett, married in Portsea in 1801.  One of the sons, Benjamin, was my great great grandfather.  Others were Mary, William, Frances, Harriet and Eliza.  Have you any info?

Honeybun.

Offline Wings

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 14 July 04 10:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Honeybun
Yes I think I have some info for you do you have the baptisms or date's for John & Frances children because I don't want to send you what you have.
Was John born Titchfeild if so do you know what year I have gone back on my family of Buckett's in Titchfield to a baptism 1733 & marriage 1773.
I have the parish records for Titchfield on fiche and I also have a reader so I can look for you,or maybe I have him in my tree.
C B 1763-1812
C B M 1678-1762

Best wishes Wings 99

Offline honeybun

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 14 July 04 21:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Wings99

I think John was born in Titchfield, may have been a son of William and Ann born about 1767-1770.  He was alive in 1841 Census, aged 70 (but this may not have been quite accurate).  Dates of his and Frances' children are:
Mary Bapt. 30/9/1802; William Bapt. 11/9/1803; Benjamin Bapt. 17/2/1805; Fanny (Frances) Bapt. 11/6/1807; Harriet Bapt. 28/3/1813; Eliza Bapt. 21/5/1815.  There was a gap between 1807 and 1813 with no children which is unusual, unless there were some who died, and I haven't looked at any fiches after the 1812 one to find out if there were more after 1815.
I have looked in the CB 1763-1812 fiche at Winchester (where I found William and Ann's children).
Do you have the information on your Harriet from the Census 1841 and 1851 or is there any other info you are looking for that I might have for you?

Regards Honeybun.

Offline Wings

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 15 July 04 07:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Honeybun
Yes I would like to share info I do have a John Buckett born of William & Ann. The dates are the same as what I found on my fiche Benjaime,Fanny'William & Mary.Yes we are from the same Buckett's can you please send my your e-mail so I can send you my Family Tree.
Best wishes Wings 99

Offline honeybun

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 15 July 04 21:42 BST (UK) »
Hello Wings99

Here is my e mail address if you want to send over your family tree.
E-Mail address removed to prevent spamming - PLEASE use the Personal Message Facility - Global Moderator
It looks as if we have some relatives in common.

Regards Honeybun