Author Topic: Trying to save money  (Read 1904 times)

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Trying to save money
« on: Friday 14 January 11 12:43 GMT (UK) »
Trying not to buy a certificate if possible. Lydia Frances Parker 1914, married Jack(Joseph) Hood 1.1.1938 Woolwich. She records her father as Frederick Parker deceased-Sergent Major. Her birth reg in 1914 records mother's maiden name as "Nienabar". It appears she had siblings up and until 1925 who's mother's maiden name was nienabar. Cannot find a GRO marriage for Parker/Nienabar. Suspect if in the army he married abroad. Any help welcome.

John

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to save money
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 January 11 14:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Can you find Frederick in the army on 1901 or 1911 census?

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 January 11 15:44 GMT (UK) »
Not knowing Fredericks age he could be any of hundreds in 1901/1911. He may well not have joined the army until after 1911 and made seargent major shortly before his death. As I posted the only way I may find him is through a marriage or buying a siblings birth record to ascertain mothers full name.

John

Offline Nick29

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 15 January 11 11:06 GMT (UK) »
Woolwich was a big army base at the time, with the Woolwich Arsenal being very close.  It's very possible that Frederick may have married abroad, as you say.  I did find a variation of the name during a quick search - NEINABER - but that didn't turn up anything which could help.  The name does sound Dutch or German.

RIP 1949-10th January 2013

Best Wishes,  Nick.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 15 January 11 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Can't see marriage in military/overseas marriages.

With so little to go on your only option is to get one of the birth certificates.  Sometimes it is the only way.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Plummiegirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me, Dad, Granddad & G/gran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 15 January 11 20:28 GMT (UK) »
There comes a time in all research when you have to either buy a certificate or conclude that you may never know the answer.

Sadly, this research is not cheap and people on here and on GR will do their best to help, but when all else fails it is really down to whether or not to buy a certificate.

But once you have a certificate do go to FreeBMD and use the Postem facility and add some details on there to assist others who made be looking for a similar name.

I have entered postems for all the certificates I have and I notice that more postems are gradually appearing.  The more the better it is for all of us. 

Good luck with your research

Cheers  Plummie

Fleming (Bristol) Fowler/Brain (Battersea/Bristol)    Simpson (Fulham/Clapham)  Harrison (W.London, Fulham, Clapham)  Earl & Butler  (Dublin,New Ross: Ireland)  Humphrey (All over mainly London) Hill (Reigate, Bletchingly, Redhill: Surrey)
Sell (Herts/Essex/W. London)

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 15 January 11 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to all for help and advise. I will order Lydia's birth cert and let you know the outcome.

John