Author Topic: Army marriage 1918  (Read 2005 times)

Offline otterlady

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Army marriage 1918
« on: Saturday 15 January 11 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi please can any one help me?. My grandfather was born and bred in Berkshire and lived all he life there. He was in the royal berks regiment in the world war one. According to first marriage certificate he got married on the 30th November 1918 in Builth Wells, Mid Wales and married my grandmother who can from Gibraltar and they had no connection with Wales! Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks Sheila

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: Army marriage 1918
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 January 11 21:33 GMT (UK) »
hi,,,welcome to rootschat  ;D  what is it u r looking for? can u post names and any other info u have,,,when and where born etc  ;D
or are you just wondering why they got married in Wales?  ;)
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 January 11 21:36 GMT (UK) »
He was probably in Wales because he was there to do with the army,,,being demobbed there?  have you tried to find his service record?
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire

Offline otterlady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 15 January 11 21:47 GMT (UK) »
Sorry new to army records search know his service number was 201858 - William Bushnell Pte.  Any help would be great :)

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 15 January 11 21:48 GMT (UK) »
do you know when and where he was born?  ;)

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 15 January 11 21:56 GMT (UK) »
his medal card tells us he was awarded the victory and british medal. ;)

Offline otterlady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 15 January 11 21:59 GMT (UK) »
He was born in Berkshire - Mortimer area and in 1890's. Did not think anyone would answer me this quick and all my records are in spare bedroom and I can get to them at present - sorry

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 15 January 11 22:02 GMT (UK) »
was he william george b 1895? 

Offline otterlady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 15 January 11 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Yes he was, my grandmother was a bit older than him :)