Author Topic: Quelch Family - Weedon (Bec)???  (Read 13519 times)

Offline Infobunny

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Plant more trees!
    • View Profile
Re: Quelch Family - Weedon (Bec)???
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 22 November 14 02:56 GMT (UK) »
Dear, dear Talisman35,

So very pleased to meet you!  HUGS from New Zealand!!!!  :D  It is wonderful to find another cousin!!!  Isn't this forum marvellous???

I would be more than appreciative to learn of your family tree.  Your gggggfather John and my ggggfather (I think I have that right) William were brothers.  It is so not easy trying to chase everyone down through the generations when their names are common-sounding or you don't know if they have moved over time.

There are a couple of things for you to know about this forum.  Firstly the moderators won't allow people to post their email addresses and will remove them to protect people from spam.  Secondly, if you look at the left of my posting you will see my username <Infobunny> and underneath that you will see a couple of small icons.  The one that looks like a piece of paper with writing on it is an off-forum messaging system.  It is still within the website but is not able to be publicly viewed.  You need to have made three postings on the forum for yours to become active.  So far you have made one posting.

To further your journey to unlocking the messaging system and allow private communication, would you be agreeable to maybe posting some details of John Quelch (twin of Smith) and his family?

If you have any questions about anything - just ask!  There are thousands of people on this forum willing to help anyway they can.  And I'm here for your NZ connection.

So cool that you are here!

Cheers,
Bunny 8)
Finey - Hants, Sussex, Portsmouth area
Squire - Devon
Jackson - London
Leach/Prague - India
Bourdot - N.Ireland/France
McKinley - N.Ireland
Quelch - Northamptonshire

Offline Isa_

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Quelch Family - Weedon (Bec)???
« Reply #28 on: Monday 25 May 20 12:45 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

Another late addition to this thread! Thanks so much for everyone posting, I'm excited to find some NZ relations (cousins?)

I have only just been diving into Quelch history today! John Quelch (1810), brother to Thomas, James, Smith, Charles and William, is my ggggrandfather (I think).

If anyone is still active on here and has info or photos they would be able to message to me privately I'd be excited to see them!

I x

(edit: just saw that I need to post a few more times for messaging, so I will try and get some more info on here)