Author Topic: TRESS - ADES - BARRY family links  (Read 6900 times)

Offline wizdimic

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: TRESS - ADES - BARRY family links
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 March 12 18:49 GMT (UK) »
I have just stumbled across your query written over a year ago.  I hope I'm not too late with the reply.  I, too, am related to the Tress Barry family.  Charles Barry, who married Harriet Ades, was my great great great grandfather on my mother's side..!!  I have only recently got into genealogy and have a some information on the Barry family if that is of interest to you.  Get in touch.

Wizdimic

Offline berntsen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 16 March 12 20:31 GMT (UK) »
Do you happen to have a death date for Anna Maria Jane Ades (nee Niblett) at all please.   Also her parents details as well if possible.

Many thanks.
Judy

Offline Waterhouse

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 19 March 12 08:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello Judy, thanks for your contribution. If you refer to the earlier reply in this thread from Roger, I think it has the details you need. He also helped me determine that there is no blood link between that part of the Barry family and my Tress ancestors. Thanks for your contribution and good luck with your searching.

Waterhouse
Waterhouse, Sussex & Kent
Hollett, Quittenden, Cheeseman & Howland, Kent
Bailey Sussex, Hants, Wilts & Somerset
Crudge, Devon
Hayman, Gloucs.
Frost, Porter, David & Child, Berks
Judd, Hants
McLeod, Midlothian
Frost, Wilkinson & Wall, London
Hayward, Somerset

Offline wizdimic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 27 March 12 20:25 BST (UK) »
Hello Judy,

I'm afraid I am unable to help with the death date of Anna Maria Jane Ades.  My links with the Ades family start and finish with Harriet Ades who married Charles Barry (my great great great grandfather) in 1820.  Of the 14 children they had, one was Francis Tress Barry, 1st Baronet of St Leonard's Hill, Clewer, and in his time, conservative MP for Windsor.  I have a good deal of information on the Barry line but not the Ades............sorry.

Andy

Offline Technoresp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 30 March 12 19:14 BST (UK) »
The following may be of interest to those exploring the Tress family of Sandhurst:

5 April 1750 Ref: U1001 T43-T48 - 31 Geo. Release (Bodiam Mill website) :-
Francis Tress of Sandhurst, gent. to William Reeves of Bodiham, victualler, and Robert Reeves of Bodiham, lighterman, father of William Reeves.
For Ð60 from William Reeves, and for Ð80 as directed (total 140) The Swan, near Cobbeach Green in Sandhurst, and Stable Yard, Gardens, Orchard &c, occupied by Thomas Witherden.
The Stable is adjoining and built against a Smith Forge belonging to Francis Tress, occupied by Benjamin Brann, and the garden is lately divided and fenced off from another part occupied by Benjamin Brann.
William Reeves of Bodiam, victualler, father Robert Reeves, lighterman.
Marriage by Licence

My interest arises because I'm tracing the descendants of Robert Reeve who are in turn the ancestors of Alec Reeves who in the 1930s invented the basic technology for modern digital communications.  David Robertson 

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php