Author Topic: Family tree [print-out]  (Read 1742 times)

Offline ainslie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Family tree [print-out]
« on: Tuesday 18 January 11 16:31 GMT (UK) »
Forgive me if this has been asked before.
I use RootsMagic to store my data, and can print out various reports, including a tree, whic requires many sheets of paper.  If I want to send a copy of the tree to someone who has no access to Gedcom files, is there a way of doing this?  It could be via e-mail, or probably by CD.  The target person does not mind how much paper he uses to arrive at a finished version.
Thanks
Ainslie

Offline mike175

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Family tree [print-out]
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 January 11 19:12 GMT (UK) »
If you have the full version of RM, look on the Tools menu for "Create a Shareable CD".

If you just want to share a RM Report chart you can use the Export option on the Report Designer's File menu to save it as an image file, which you can send on a CD, Memory Stick, etc.

Mike.
Baskervill - Devon, Foss - Hants, Gentry - Essex, Metherell - Devon, Partridge - Essex/London, Press - Norfolk/London, Stone - Surrey/Sussex, Stuttle - Essex/London, Wheate - Middlesex/Essex/Coventry/Oxfordshire/Staffs, Gibson - Essex, Wyatt - Essex/Kent

Offline ainslie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Family tree [print-out]
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 January 11 21:12 GMT (UK) »
Mike
Thanks for that.  Probably like most people, I do not explore deeply enough in the programs available!  Fear of the unknown, etc.

I'll be trying those tips out .

A