Author Topic: Canada question  (Read 7025 times)

Offline Sedna

• RootsChat Extra
  • Hello world
    • View Profile
Re: Canada question
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 25 January 11 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks JJ.  I shall write that letter.  I think things are pretty good for now.  I would like to figure out the Elizabeth thing, but I might just have to try a little on my own.  I can always come back if need be.

I'm not sure what you mean about John B Zimmerman.  He was born in October 1828, and his first wife, Henrietta (Demorest) was born c 1830, and his second wife, Maleta L (Catella) was born c1830 as well.  So only a 2-3 year gap.  I know the Maletas are confusing.  There are six Maletas that I know of, in a rough matrilineal line,  I was hoping to find an earlier one than Maleta 1830.  Perhaps when I look into the old world records I'll get more insight.  Bit I can hop over to other forums (fora?) for that.

Thanks everyone!

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 25 January 11 23:36 GMT (UK) »
 :) He married Elizabeth Perkins, so I saw him on the 1900 with John jr. and wife, and step daughter Louise and his wife Elizabeth, who says born 1855 and he born 1828. I know there is more than one John B Zimmerman, but I am pretty sure this one is yours? J.J.

and you are most welcome...we'll post if we ever find more...and please post some basic info you may find as well.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Sedna

• RootsChat Extra
  • Hello world
    • View Profile
INDEX OF BAPTISMS BY ARMY CHAPLAINS 1800 - 1900
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 27 January 11 00:47 GMT (UK) »
Got this in respose to my email:

Many thanks for your email. No, the 1838/1839 means one or other of the years. The Indexes for Baptisms Overseas by Army Chaplains are in the National Archives in Kew. But most main public libraries in UK have copies on microfiche. Alongside the name is a reference and if you then get on to the GRO in Southport you can obtain birth details.
Regards
Aldo

I bet she was smart enough to keyword Zimmerman, as I don't think I did it..but then I got so much garbage using it, I gave up....I once liked the ancestry database, but is it getting all bunged up lately?

This may be Mary's christening in Malta ?    CATELLA, Mary Jane 1838/1839
 ( not sure if that means birth '38 baptism 39?) http://website.lineone.net/~remosliema/baptisms.htm

Cleary, O Leary, Costello  but that christening was all I found with close to the Catella spelling...(some Cattle CUTTELL, Castellow)
http://website.lineone.net/~stephaniebidmead/other%20sites.htm

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 27 January 11 04:38 GMT (UK) »
Ah, great that there may be more to find. Makes sense as it was in British hands back then...
Wonder what the family/families were doing there? Who may have been in the army...
 Guess you may now find out...
EEk the posting you made seems to have kept it's formatting, odd as rootschat format usually
standardizes all font pastes...
Maybe modify the posting by making  breaks in the sentences about 3 times so it's several lines?
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 27 January 11 19:55 GMT (UK) »
ahhh, see you've modified the reply...well done!

here's an answer from the GRO, re: Malta
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,179077.msg874335.html#msg874335

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 01 February 11 16:08 GMT (UK) »
What answer did you receive re: burial of Johanna...