Author Topic: 2011 census form peek  (Read 36640 times)

Offline Rennison

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 census form peek
« Reply #153 on: Friday 11 March 11 18:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jean

I have been researching Vayro and Varo for 28 years, only recently joined Rootschat.

I wondered where your Varo link came from

Rennison
Vayro, Varo and derivatives

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: Friday 11 March 11 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jean

I have been researching Vayro and Varo for 28 years, only recently joined Rootschat.

I wondered where your Varo link came from

Rennison
  Have you posted this on the right thread?  Do you mean the  surname Vayro or Varo?  After you have made two more posts you are able to send a private message to  Jean.
Nursall   ~    Buckinghamshire
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: Friday 11 March 11 22:17 GMT (UK) »
ScouseBoy,

Rennison has posted on the right thread. He is referring to reply #24 on this thread where bhaven has listed Varo as one of her name interests. Varo and Vayro are linked surnames.

As you say it would be best if Rennison made three posts on boards other than the common room boards and then he would be able to PM bhaven who may noy otherwise see his post
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Rennison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: Saturday 12 March 11 16:08 GMT (UK) »
ScouseBoy,

Rennison has posted on the right thread. He is referring to reply #24 on this thread where bhaven has listed Varo as one of her name interests. Varo and Vayro are linked surnames.

As you say it would be best if Rennison made three posts on boards other than the common room boards and then he would be able to PM bhaven who may noy otherwise see his post

Hi David and Scouse Boy

Yes indeed it was aimed at Jean #24 who has Varo as an interest

If I could get used to the system of replying to postings I may have more success. See my full posting on the beginners board

Rennison

Offline millymcb

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: Saturday 12 March 11 18:34 GMT (UK) »
hi Rennison, welcome to rootschat ;D

You need three posts to be able to use the PM (Private Message) system...but posts in here don't count. So if you reply to a couple more on the thread you have going on the beginner's board you will soon have three and can then send Jean a PM.

Milly ;D
McBride (Monaghan, Manchester), Derbyshire (Bollington,Cheshire), Knight (Newcastle,Staffs), Smith (Chorley, Lancs & Ireland), Tipladay (Manchester & Yorkshire) ,Steadman (Madeley,Shropshire), Steele (Manchester,Glasgow), Parkinson (Wigan, Lancashire), Lovatt, Cornes & Turner (Staffs) Stott (Oldham, Lancs). All ended up Ardwick, Manchester
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rennison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: Sunday 13 March 11 16:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Milly

Thanks for your advice, as I said to Gilly I will eventually pick it all up

Rennison

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: Sunday 13 March 11 17:26 GMT (UK) »
"First Name" - that's annoying for me, as I have two forenames and am always called by my second one.  The first one is a closely guarded secret, except for official documents. 

"What is your job?" - Well, I am retired now, but have had several very different jobs in the last 20 years with different employers.  Where do I begin?  Or do I simply put "retired"?

I clicked on a FAQ on the census helpline which didn't give me any enlightenment, though it did ask me if their reply had been of any help.  I said no, so am waiting to see if anyone gets back to me to find out what the problem is.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline Nick29

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: Sunday 13 March 11 23:49 GMT (UK) »
Gillg - your post immediately reminded me of my dad, who hated his first name, and never used it.  And it seems that his parents didn't either, because they dropped it from the census too !  :)
RIP 1949-10th January 2013

Best Wishes,  Nick.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: Monday 14 March 11 10:12 GMT (UK) »
Ooh, Nick, do you think that I could do that too!  It would certainly confuse any computer trying to match me up with other records, as I haven't been able to avoid the first name coming up in anything official.   Actually my grandfather, full name Alfred, entered himself on the 1911 census as Fred.  With much imagination he also called his son Fred, not Alfred, so there were two Freds in that family in 1911.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.