Author Topic: 1841 look up please  (Read 2699 times)

Offline Stangat

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1841 look up please
« on: Saturday 22 January 11 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi All

I am trying to find a family in the 1841 but just don't seem to be able to do so. Any chance someone could have a try please?

John Smith - I know, I know, I'm sorry! b1804
Maria Smith b1803-09
Elizabeth b1833

I have got John and Maria in the 1851 onwards.

They would be in the Beverley area, Elizabeth was born in Cherry Burton although they were married in 1831 in Catwick, a few miles further east. Most of the later family were from Cherry Burton as well but they moved to Beverley itself before 1861.

Maria was from Goxhill and John was probably from Bewholme.

Any help as always would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ian
Ellis :- Hull and Devon
Holmes :- Yorkshire
Jull :- Kent
Johnson :- Hull
Roberts :- Leicestershire
Warry :- Leicestershire
Baldwin :- Gloucestershire

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 look up please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 January 11 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ian...I don't know if this is them in Hutton Cranswick?

John Smith 30..Ag Lab
Maria Smith 40
Elizabeth.....8
Marcy...........1 Month

It does say they were all born in County though  :-\

Carol

CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Stangat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 23 January 11 10:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol

I have seen and considered this one but can't decide :-\

The age gap between John and Maria seems excessive as all the other census ages are within 2 years.

Having said that, we all know how inaccurate the ages could be, especially the 1841!

In fact, their youngest daughter Hannah was born in 1856 which would mean according to all the census records Maria was about 52 or 53 :o  The only record of a baptism for her I can find would put her as being baptised in 1809 making a slightly more likely 47!

I'll keep looking but as yet it doesn't look hopeful.

Thanks again

Ian

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 January 11 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ian...There is an Elizabeth Smith aged 8 years with 70 year old Rachel Newlove in Rowley which is in the Beverley district.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Stangat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 January 11 19:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol

Firstly thanks for the other stuff!

I'm sure that that is the Elizabeth I'm after but in a strange way I don't no why ???

I can't for the life of me remember but I am positive there is a Newlove Smith in my tree but I can't find him/her :-[

Give me a couple of days when I will have recovered from my night shifts and I should be able to sort them out!

Thanks for all the help

Ian

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 26 January 11 19:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ian....You're welcome...I just had a gut instinct about that one for no good reason that I can explain...but it could be that Rachel was her grandmother but in 1841 it doesn't give relationship  ::)
There was another Family in Nafferton but there were three other children with that John and Maria and the chances of them losing 3 children in 10 years is quite slim...and..I think the distance...whilst not huge...makes it unlikely...but...you never know.
Keep me posted.
Carol