Author Topic: de verrye burwash  (Read 4122 times)

Offline Jezzer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
de verrye burwash
« on: Monday 24 January 11 09:09 GMT (UK) »
Im looking for any information on a elizabeth de verrye she married peter lavender and was born some time arounf 1552/4, but unable to find out anything past this point, like wise the lavender family from warbleton again past this date. any help would be great im currently in oz so access to the county records office in lewes is not possible.

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: de verrye burwash
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 January 11 09:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jezzer

You know you don't have to live in UK to become a member of the Sussex Family History Group and gain access to their baptism and burial database http://www.sfhg.org.uk/

Its a growing resource that makes the small fee for subs very very worth it  :)

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Jezzer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 January 11 09:51 GMT (UK) »
kerry

im fully aware of the group having met you at the who do you think you are expo at earls court a few years ago, however due to very limited funds i find it a little hard to explain to the wife ive spent it on my family tree LOL.

ive been using several sources for information and not one seem to go past this date for these two persons, nor can i locate de verrye any where in england with this spelling the closest being de vere. but not an elizabeth around this date and location

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 24 January 11 11:49 GMT (UK) »
LOL!  ;D

I don't work for the SFHG and I've never been to the wdytya show.  I guess its just a question of weighing up the most useful resources to you and paying for those you think of most use, particularly at this time of limited funds for most people (apart from bankers).

Kerry

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 24 January 11 11:51 GMT (UK) »
elizabeth De Verrye married Peter Lavander (sic) at Mayfield on 6 February 1575/76 according to the SMI.

I am currently trying to locate my Mayfield PR disc which has gone walkabout.

Kerry

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 24 January 11 12:04 GMT (UK) »
There are two other marriages of De verrye and De verye children in the 1570s in Mayfield, could be Elizabeth's siblings.  Unfortunately the records for Mayfield only start in 1570 so unable to look for baptisms.

Kerry

Offline Jezzer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 15 February 11 08:26 GMT (UK) »
having looked at the names of the children, and the spellings i have come to the thought that the de verrye may have come from holland

Offline Klavender

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 16 July 11 17:52 BST (UK) »
Peter Lavender was my greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgrandfather. I don't have any further information about Elizabeth's ancestors, but if you wanted to know about her descendants, they can all be found on this website.

www.grangermusgrave.co.uk

You can register for a free account, and from there see all the people in the tree.

I hope that helps!

Katherine Lavender

Offline Jezzer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 20 November 11 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Ladies and Gents

Having undertaken a great deal more time ive come to a few assumptions, the lavenders married into several armorial families, the social process at these time was you would only marry someone of equal status or higher, or a landowner, thus the lavenders must have been land owners as there is no title against the family name, however i did find referance to a coat of arms for lavender warbleton with the fir de lis however as this is not registared with the heralds so this cannot be confirmed.

so im back to square one i cannot seem to find any referance to lavender before 1554 in sussex or anywhere else in the UK, like wise de verrye though for some reason my late father seemed to think they came from somerset. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP