Author Topic: Hugh Williams Born c1789 Llanddyfnan  (Read 3327 times)

Offline gower

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hugh Williams Born c1789 Llanddyfnan
« on: Monday 24 January 11 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello..... I am trying to find Hugh's marriage to Rosanna c 1825. She was also born in Anglesey c1794. 1851 census says Llandyfan & the 1871 census says similar to Llangwiant?
They had 3 children born in Anglesey: Hugh 1826, Owen 1827 & Mary Ann 1831. I have checked Hugh Wallis site .... no luck.
Hugh moved his family to South Wales between 1831 & 1834.
Any help would be appreciated..... thanks   :)

Offline cae howell

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh Williams Born c1789 Llanddyfnan
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 January 11 14:56 GMT (UK) »
Try the Anglesey archives they will have the parish records there you can get a search for a fee or if someone on rootschat.com who might be going there to find out for you, otherwise you can get details on the anglesey county council website about the archives and fee hope that will help you
griffiths Anglesey,, thomas Holyhead,,Liverpool

Offline Paparico

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh Williams Born c1789 Llanddyfnan
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 August 17 02:18 BST (UK) »
I just read your post and wonder if you found additional information? 

According to the 1871 Census, Hugh and Rosanna were living at Uchlawrcoed, Rhymney, with Hugh listed as age 77 and Rosanna as age 80.  In this Census, Rosanna lists her place of birth as Llangwyfan, Denbigshire, but I have not been successful in finding any birth nor marriage information.  Their children, William, Catherine, John, and Edward are listed in the 1851 UK Census as having been born in Llangattock, Breconshire, although they list their place of birth as, "Brynmawr".  In the 1901 Census for Ystradyfodwg, Glamorganshire, son Edward, aged 60, is living with sister Catherine Johns, age 69, and Edward's son Hugh Coleman Williams, age 6.