Author Topic: Nichol Family  (Read 2185 times)

Offline wendymidd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Nichol Family
« on: Friday 28 January 11 04:26 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find the family of William Nic(h)ol.  I think I have found him in the 1841 census, aged 30, living at Braenaheglash and married to Jane,23.  I know they emigrated to NZ on the "Strathmore" and arrived October 1856.  I think Jane's maiden name was Irvine. They are my 3g grandparents.
Richmond (Dunfermline) Linklater (Orkney) Velzian (Orkney) McAllister( Ireland) Rodger (Largs) Uren ( Lanner) Tregoning ( Redruth)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: Nichol Family
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 January 11 16:14 GMT (UK) »
hi Wendy  :)

william nicoll and jane irvine marriage 9th feb. 1841 latheron caithness(IGI)
try the freeCEN website to find them in latheron in 1851(with children)

http://www.freecen.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

william nicol born eskdale dumfries-shire . jane born roberton roxburghshire

there are a few trees with this couple on the ancestry/mundia websites

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline wendymidd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Nichol Family
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 February 11 07:51 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much for the help. :) wendy
Richmond (Dunfermline) Linklater (Orkney) Velzian (Orkney) McAllister( Ireland) Rodger (Largs) Uren ( Lanner) Tregoning ( Redruth)