Author Topic: benjamin  (Read 3866 times)

Offline baggie73

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
benjamin
« on: Saturday 29 January 11 19:36 GMT (UK) »
hi all looking for the marraige of daisy helm to a hyman benjamin in chelsea looking to find hyman benjamin side of family as im starting to break into to this side have been doing scottish side and a lot easier with scots people so if i could get a start with this then thankyou all very much and also what are the best sites for english family tree also the benjamins are jewish i belive so also info on how to search for jewish family lol thank you in advance

ps think the marriage was around 1925 and cant find hymans birth        regards martin

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: benjamin
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 January 11 19:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

These are the references should you wish to order a copy of the marriage certificate:

Hyman Benjamin   JunQ  1925   Chelsea   1a    882   

Bride:  Daisy Helm

Found on FreeBMD; can look for Hyman's birth on this site if he was born in England or Wales.

Copies of certificates can be ordered online at http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

Cost is £9.25

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline baggie73

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 30 January 11 11:22 GMT (UK) »
thankyou for your reply could anyone else tell me if there is any census looks up i could do to try and find hyman benjamin family im thinking if he was married in 1925 and its his second marriage he could of been in the 1900s census with family perhaps.....  would dearly love to get a push in the right directoin with this so if someone could help it would be great thankou in adavance
                                    martin

Offline jayaydee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 30 January 11 13:02 GMT (UK) »
There's several Hyman Benjamins on the 1901 census. Do you know when or where he was born?

Offline baggie73

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 30 January 11 14:17 GMT (UK) »
i belive he married in chelsea to daisy helm  im guessing in that area or radius but havent really got much  else to go on

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 30 January 11 14:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi

The last available census was 1911. For copyright reasons you cannot request a search of the 1911 census on Roootschat - you must search yourself.

http://www.1911census.co.uk/

Tips for searching the 1911 census to help you

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,492718.0.html

Without the information from Hyman Benjamin's marriage certificate it really is as you say guess work. Between 1886 and 1903, presuming he was born in this country and that information isn't known either, there were 8 Hyman Benjamin birth registrations in England only one of whom died young. Two were in Leeds and the rest were in the London area - in the east end.

There are four possible Benjamin Hyman death registrations
One in Lincolnshire in 1929 aged 64 - maybe a bit old
One in Dorset in 1952 aged 66
One in London in 1942 aged 73 - maybe a bit old
One in Manchester in 1984 born in 1903
Two other possibles have middles intials

All Daisy Hyman death registrations have middle names.

Information on Jewish records

http://www.movinghere.org.uk/galleries/roots/jewish/religiousrecords/religiousrecords.htm

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline baggie73

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 30 January 11 16:40 GMT (UK) »
hi valda thank for your reply out of intreast the hymen benjiman who died youn wouldent happen to be a hymen d benjamin as ive found the birth of one who belongs to daisy and hymen but cant find death and so think he died young getting back to elder hymen benjamin think now his wife was either margaret daisy helm or daisy margaret helm i will get a grip on this branch lol thanx for your help

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 30 January 11 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Daisy was first used as the pet name for Margaret before it began to be used as a name in its own right.

I was looking at birth registrations that might fit the Hyman who married Daisy not their possible children who may still be living. This was the child who died young.

Births Mar 1898   
Benjamin  Hyman     Prestwich  8d 420   
Deaths Mar 1900   Benjamin  Hyman  2  Prestwich  8d 352

I see on my last post I transposed the names Hyman and Benjamin when searching for possible death registrations for Hyman Benjamin. The other way around gives more possible death registrations. The marriage certificate would give his age and allow other birth and death registrations to be eliminated.

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline baggie73

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 30 January 11 17:56 GMT (UK) »
thanks valda i will be meetin my partners dad who is a living son of hyman on thursday so hope to get info