Author Topic: Livermores' - Newmarket Road, Cambridge  (Read 11118 times)

Offline Lisajj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Exhall Colliery & Brickworks - very rare photo
    • View Profile
Re: Livermores' - Newmarket Road, Cambridge
« Reply #9 on: Monday 31 October 11 10:12 GMT (UK) »
Then, there is a connection.  My husband is decended from Mary Ann Livermore, the sister of Thomas.  She had two illegitimate children, Thomas and Emma Livermore and then later she married John Green and had two more children, Ellen & Fred.
I don't have any records of Thomas going to Australia as we've only really traced the blood line back and not looked at Mary Ann's brothers and sisters yet.  I don't have Emma or Robert and I only have Sarah Farrington, her daughter Ann Farrington and Sarah's father George Farrington.
Johnson, Crankshaw, Burdett, Shaw, Dawson/Dulson, Whitebread/Whitbread, Drane, Hyett, Holtaway, Thompson, Bodell, Livermore, Gee, Vernon, Smith......the list goes on....and on...and on....

Offline Marg26

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 31 October 11 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisa
No I haven't been able to pinpoint Thomas's emigration as yet. Did you also know that George Farrington was sent to Tasmania as a convict in 1842. I can't find if he died there. I only just found this info as he was missing of the 1851 census. Are you from the UK?
Cheers Margaret

Offline Lisajj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Exhall Colliery & Brickworks - very rare photo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 01 November 11 09:30 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I am from the UK.
I know nothing about the Farringtons other than a name!
Johnson, Crankshaw, Burdett, Shaw, Dawson/Dulson, Whitebread/Whitbread, Drane, Hyett, Holtaway, Thompson, Bodell, Livermore, Gee, Vernon, Smith......the list goes on....and on...and on....

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 01 November 11 18:24 GMT (UK) »
I have two John Farrington's, father and son no details on the father,but the son was born in 1844, and married Sarah Ann Brignell at St. Paul's Cambridge 4th Sept 1870. I have some doubts about her dates as she seems to have been 12 years old at the time, just possible I know in that era, while her husband was 14 years older if the information is correct.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline ParkesFarrington

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 25 August 13 15:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa
No I haven't been able to pinpoint Thomas's emigration as yet. Did you also know that George Farrington was sent to Tasmania as a convict in 1842. I can't find if he died there. I only just found this info as he was missing of the 1851 census. Are you from the UK?
Cheers Margaret

Hi Margaret, the wonders of Google have found a way to your post! George Farrington is my g,g,g,g,grandfather and I have only just found him and his conviction. However, may I ask how you know he was sent to Tasmania? This information is new and I would like to know how you found it? Also, a George Farrington of the right age died in 1845 in Cambridge.