Author Topic: COMPLETED ... SALT family - Alton/Goldenhill/Church Lawton ... COMPLETED  (Read 18097 times)

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SALT family - Alton/Goldenhill/Church Lawton
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 15 February 11 12:02 GMT (UK) »
Dave - you will be the death of me  ;D ;D  You're never going to let me forget those incidents, are you?  But I did warn you about the nettles, so it was your own fault if you didn't take notice of me  ;D ;D  Claire, just ignore him   ;)

Sue
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Tapestry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 15 February 11 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Ahhhhhh, Yorkshire.  My father's side is all Yorkshire.  In fact I can trace back to 1388 or some such.  I'm good Viking stock via Ireland or France or both on that side.
I was just trying to stick to the female line for a challenge.  Much harder to find the girls as they usually change their surname upon marriage.

Back to the SALTs.  If you come across Thomas SALT father of Mathew SALT, I'd like to know.  I'm looking for a possible link between Thomas SALT and Elizabeth BRINDLEY, daughter of Joseph who was brother of the famous canal engineer, James BRINDLEY.
The family tale is that we have a link.
Alton: Salt;
Milwich: Handley; 
Fradswell: Hall; 
Leigh: Belcher
Cheadle: Lyemar
Macclesfield area: Salt, Ward, Fytton/Fitton, Bradley, Hanson, Williamson, Tinsley, Corbishley, Potts
Lisburn/Ireland: Herron/Heron
Suffolk: Robinson

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 15 February 11 12:43 GMT (UK) »
She's right ! She not Wrong! just can't remember what she was right about. ;D

Good Luck with it all- Dave  :D

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 15 February 11 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Oh, dear it might be fisticuffs at dawn then - my husband is related to John Grundy - Brindley's rival!  :o ::)

But, back to the Salt family - I'll have a look at the marriage of Matthew and Sarah Robinson, plus the baptism of John Salt at Longton and see what else I can dig up.

Sue
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 15 February 11 17:29 GMT (UK) »
Claire:  Just remembered that there is a church at Lane End (not sure where that is in the relation of this area as it doesn't seem to exist as a separate entity anymore), and there is a gap in the coverage on the Hugh Wallis site, so I've booked myself back into the Archives tomorrow, and let's see what that brings up, plus I'll have a look at that 1814 baptism at Longton for John Salt.  There was also an "entry" on the new Family Search for Charles being born in 1818 and baptised two years later at Milwich (no actual date given though, other than November 1820) because Charles at one stage says that he was born in (transcribed as) Eston but there is a Coton which is very near to Milwich, Alston and Stone, and Fradswell is not far away either - so they're all in your kind of area.  Anyway I'll be back  :-*  ;D

Sue
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 15 February 11 18:41 GMT (UK) »
I am following this thread with great interest  :)

It must be wonderful to be able to get to your local archives easily  :) , wish I could get to mine  :(
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 15 February 11 19:03 GMT (UK) »
I know, patrish - but I ONLY live here  :) :)  My research is Yorkshire, and I can't get there   :'( :'( :'(  So I do what I can for others.   But I feel a bit sad, because I get the "yahooo" feeling when I find something, and the person whose family it is, doesn't  :-*  You can't win!

Sue
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 15 February 11 19:11 GMT (UK) »
I don't live anywhere near any local archives  :(  so I am not able to help others, only wish I could, like you it gives me immense satisfaction if I can  :)

I do belong to my local family history society (I have to rely on a friend taking me there)  ::)  which had a library just around the corner from where I live, just as my children left home and I had time to spare.... they moved  :'( 
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 15 February 11 19:43 GMT (UK) »
patrish:  so where do you live in Kent?  We lived in Rainham for 20 years, but then I had no interest in family history, and don't have any connections, anyway  :'(

Sue
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY