Author Topic: Beasley/Emmerton/Pinchion  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Chooch

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Beasley/Emmerton/Pinchion
« on: Wednesday 02 February 11 14:28 GMT (UK) »
I would really appreciate some help, please, in finding a birth/baptism for Amanda Eleanor Emmerton born abt.1873/4 in Hoxton/Shoreditch area (taken from 1881/1891 census).  Amanda married Henry Woodroffe in 1894 and gave her father as Thomas Charles Emmerton, occ. Iron safe Maker, which fits with the census.
I have all her details both before and after marriage except I cannot find her birth.
Her mother Margaret Amanda Pinchion/Amanda Pinchion ( she used either name at various times) was born in Surrey in 1849 and there is a marriage for 'Amanda Pinchion' 18 yrs,to Thomas Beasley of full age in Nov.1867 in Bethnal Green. This Amanda's father is noted as George Pinchion, Labourer, this would be correct for Margaret Amanda.
No sign of Amanda/Thomas Beasley in 1871 or the son William Beasley she appears to have had but in 1881-------
Thomas Emmerton,occ Iron safe Maker, lives with wife 'Margaret' 32, again correct age,b. Surrey, William Bea(r)sley 12,stepson b.Hoxton, Amanda Emmerton 7,dau., Mary A 5, dau.,Thomas 2,son in Ada st., Hackney.
 In 1891 this William is under the name of Emmerton but uses Beasley when he marries in 1895 and his father is named as Thos.Charles 'Beasley' iron safe maker
Apart from not finding a birth/baptism for Amanda in 1873/4, (I have her siblings) I cannot find a marriage for Thomas Charles Emmerton/Margaret 'Amanda' Beasley/Pinchion. I do know he still lived with his mother and was u/married in the 1871 census occ. iron safe maker.

In 1901 Margaret has reverted to  'Amanda' Emmerton 32(52)  ::) the mother, now a widow lives with her younger children at 174/32 Dove Row Haggerston and William Beasley lives at 175/32 Dove Row. Sorry this is so long just wanted to show how I have traced the family trying to confirm I have the right people.
So! if anyone can offer any help or shed any light on these people I will be very grateful.

Regards
Chooch
Bear - Essex/ London/Middlesex
Fleming - Stockton,Wiltshire,
Gatward - Essex/Middlesex
Haggar/Hagger- Essex/Middlesex
Osborne - Somerset/Lond/Middlesex. CAN/USA
Page -Essex/Hertfordshire/Middlesex/Canada/USA
Rawlings - Lond/Middlesex UK
Woodroff/e -Wiltshire, Lond/Middlesex
Tillcock - Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Beasley/Emmerton/Pinchion
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 February 11 15:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chooch,

Marriage, 25th November 1867 St James the Great Bethnal Green.

Thomas Beasley full age Bachelor Labourer Abode Bethnal Green, Father Edward Beasley Bricklayer
Amanda Pinchion aged 18                            Abode Bethnal Green, Father George Pinchion Labourer
Witnesses
                !!!!!!! Webb
                Sarah Ann Pinchion

Offline Chooch

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Beasley/Emmerton/Pinchion
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 February 11 15:22 GMT (UK) »
Thanks John
This is her marriage to Thos.Beasley, I have no idea what happened to him, whether or not he died or they just seperated and maybe she couldn't marry Thomas Emmerton. Certainly Thomas Beasley and Thomas Charles Emmerton are not the same man ( although it did cross my mind earlier in the search).
 Thanks again for your interest,

Chooch.
Bear - Essex/ London/Middlesex
Fleming - Stockton,Wiltshire,
Gatward - Essex/Middlesex
Haggar/Hagger- Essex/Middlesex
Osborne - Somerset/Lond/Middlesex. CAN/USA
Page -Essex/Hertfordshire/Middlesex/Canada/USA
Rawlings - Lond/Middlesex UK
Woodroff/e -Wiltshire, Lond/Middlesex
Tillcock - Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire