Author Topic: Ernest G Moody - Montreal.  (Read 4350 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ernest G Moody - Montreal.
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 09 February 11 22:17 GMT (UK) »
Noted that there is an Ernest Moody in the Catholic Cem...probably our red herring...The directory will find people out in the workforce so perhaps by the time he went to Montreal he was no longer working?

O.k. here's a question, do you know for certain he was single? Children? Might he be using his middle name rather than Ernest? I guess you'd have told us if you knew it....but likely to be George. 
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Scapaton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 10 February 11 22:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello J.J.
I was just logging on to submit a posting, when I received your message.
He was C of E.
I now believe that he was married, but I was not sure when I submitted my original posting. The couple did not have any children.
It's now supper time :)
Will send a posting later.

Regards.
Brian

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 10 February 11 22:43 GMT (UK) »
well I had found a marriage in  Dec Q. 1919, for an Ernest G Moody with the
surname Riden on page but no full name transcribed / Reading district vol.2c  p.1089
I know it's quite a distance in U.K. standards...

Moody Ernest  Feb. 8 1927
Port of Arrival: St. John  Ship: MONTREAL
Page  149  Microfilm reel:  T-14849

I did find a lady with 2 children arriving the following year...didn't find a match....but if you know for sure he had no children won't waste more time on that......
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline Scapaton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 11 February 11 00:25 GMT (UK) »
J.J.
That's great. I believe you have located the information that I have been searching for. It would seem that this Ernest G.Moody is my Gt. Uncle.
It is only this week that I discovered that a lady that he must have known in England, immigrated to Canada, to marry Ernest. but I could not find a marriage for them.
Also the Ernest Moody shown has arriving on Feb 8th 1927 is my Gt.Uncle. this is the ship entry that I have been looking for. but the two children do not belong to them. I think they belong to Ernest Charles Moody.
In my prepared post, I did explained that the Canadian Archives had mixed up the records. Re Ernest G. Moody and Ernest Charles Moody. I contacted them and they replied stating that I was correct, and they would alter the records.
I will rewrite my prepared posting before submitting it.
But it will not be tonight. :)
You certainly have not been wasting your time.
Thank You.
Brian.

Offline Scapaton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 11 February 11 00:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello JJ.
Ernest G Moody was living at Sault Ste Marie In 1915 when he enlisted in the CEF
He was still living there in 1923.I have found reference to him living in Windsor Ontario in that year, but he must have again returned to Sault Ste.Marie. It would seem that he was again living there in 1932. He returned to England on 3rd July 1925.His occupation is shown has a Machinist
 The details on the cef signup are incorrect. Ernest was born in the last quarter of 1882. I can't understand how this mistake occurred. May be, by accident, or intentionally.
.Having contacted the Ontario Archives.
The lady archivist checked the records, but the only entry that she could find for Ernest was in the WWW1 Honours list. No details, Just his name. she kindly entered the details on their web site.
I then tried the Toronto, Pages of the past, but there was no entry for Ernest Moody.
Sorry to say that I have no other information that could help to locate where or when Ernest died.
I changed my mind regarding sending posting.
If there are any mistakes, put it down to lack of sleep ;)
Regards.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 11 February 11 04:33 GMT (UK) »
  eek...I'm getting confused myself..you're saying they mixed up the files for Ernest & they sent you the wrong person's  military files?  Also that marriage took place in U.K...so I am really losing the plot here, sorry.  J.J.

Offline Scapaton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 11 February 11 19:39 GMT (UK) »
J.J.
 Sorry about my previous posting. and the confusion it has caused.
I will compose a new posting, and try to explain.
Brian.

Offline Scapaton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 11 February 11 23:35 GMT (UK) »
J.J.
There were two Ernest Moody's who immigrated to Canada at this same period in time. Both of them married a Winifred Hammerton. This is were the confusion arises. The children are the family of Ernest Charles Moody .
My Gt. Uncle Ernest G. Moody and his wife, did not have any children.
It is the information in the link that you sent me which is incorrect.
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/immigration-1925/001012-119.01-e.php?&sisn_id_nbr=667885
This is the record that I wrote to the archives about. It was Ernest Charles Moody who sailed on this ship. Not Ernest G. Moody.
They agreed that I was correct, and that they would alter the record.
In reference to Ernest G Moody's sign up record. in the second link.
It shows that he was born in 1884, but he was born in 1882. I have not written to the Archives about this. I just mention it, has I thought you may use his age in your searches.
Regards.
Brian