Author Topic: 1851 Census - EVANS  (Read 3545 times)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Census - EVANS
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 February 07 13:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Evans dairy

Welcome to Rootschat!  :)

It is great that you might have found a connection here - let's hope morganjr gets back to us to let us know!

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline brawd houdini

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 19 July 08 22:05 BST (UK) »
Hello Evans Dairy,
Just come across your reply-we are related .Your father,David was my Grandmother Hannah's brother.They were two out of 13 children.I spoke to your mother last year when she was down in Cwrt farm.It would be very nice to hear from you.
Regards
Evans-Pencarreg,Llanybyther,Cwrtnewydd[Llanwennog]Cwmann,Merthyr,Llanwinnio,Bedwellty,London,Canada,Scotland and more.
Griffiths-
Cwrtnewydd,Llanfihangel ystrad,Nantcwnlle,Bwlchllan,Penuwch and more.
Davies-
Pencarreg,Cwmann,Llanybydder,Cribyn,Llanfihangel ystrad.
Also Jones in Winnipeg,Canada and Llangeitho,Williams and Lloyd in Tregaron,Llanfihangel ystrad,Cribyn,Gorsgoch,Cardigan

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 19 July 08 22:14 BST (UK) »
Wow - who said Welsh surnames are difficult to research?  ;)

Welcome Brawd Houdini - enjoy Rootschat  :D

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline brawd houdini

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 20 July 08 15:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Arranroots

Thanks for the welcome

Welsh surnames are difficult -I just got lucky!

However there is a pattern that works in some families-the 1st son usually took the name of his Grandfather on his father's side,the second son took the name of his Grandfather on his mother,s side,and so on.The same system was used by daughters.

Hope this helps someone,

Kind Regards,

brawd houdini
Evans-Pencarreg,Llanybyther,Cwrtnewydd[Llanwennog]Cwmann,Merthyr,Llanwinnio,Bedwellty,London,Canada,Scotland and more.
Griffiths-
Cwrtnewydd,Llanfihangel ystrad,Nantcwnlle,Bwlchllan,Penuwch and more.
Davies-
Pencarreg,Cwmann,Llanybydder,Cribyn,Llanfihangel ystrad.
Also Jones in Winnipeg,Canada and Llangeitho,Williams and Lloyd in Tregaron,Llanfihangel ystrad,Cribyn,Gorsgoch,Cardigan

Offline Evans dairy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 21 July 08 02:14 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I just received your message, thank you for replying, yes It must have been my mother who you spoke to, I am currently residing in Toronto Canada and Luebeck in Germany, I travel a lot,

I am married to Moderator comment: names of living people removed to prevent identity theft and other abuses.  Please pass such information by Personal Message.

I would love to speak to you.
My email is
Moderator comment: email removed to prevent spam and other abuses. Please pass such information via the Personal Message system.  Thanks

Best wishes
Sim Evans