Author Topic: RUSSIA: Frances Yeshevsky nee Jerrett  (Read 1449 times)

Offline bigbazza

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
RUSSIA: Frances Yeshevsky nee Jerrett
« on: Friday 04 February 11 11:46 GMT (UK) »
My great grandmother, Frances Jerrett was born 21st August 1837 in Sandford, Devon, England.  Her family moved to Dartmouth, Devon c.1858 and from there Frances secured a position as a Governess to a family in St. Petersburg in either 1858 or 1859.
Frances married the Butler, John or Ivan Yeshevsky and they had 4 children.  Lena, born St. Peterburg 1864, Eva born back in Dartmouth 1865, Catherine b & d 1874/5 St. Petersburg and my grandfather, Robert George Yeshevsky born 26 Sept. 1876 St.Petersburg.
My grandfather was made deaf at age 7 due to an accident and was sent to England in the company of the English Chaplin for St. Petersburg, Rev. Charles Little.  My grandfather's surname was transcribed as IJEWSKY on his arrival in England and this has remained the family surname ever since.  He attended Ovingdean school for the deaf as a full time boarder and Evelyn Hubbard, the  banker of London was the guarantor of payment of the school fees.
Apart from a visit to her mother in Dartmouth in 1865 and a visit of Lena and Eva to her Uncle in Liverpool in 1871, Frances remained in St. Petersburgh until her death in 1908 or 1909.
I would like to find out more about the Yeshevsky family.  Birth, marriage and death dates. Where they are buried and if Lena and Eva married, there children and descendants.  Can anyone help me?
Baz.