Author Topic: Llannefydd Births  (Read 5078 times)

Offline nainmaddie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Llannefydd Births
« on: Saturday 05 February 11 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone help me with a birth problem for the above parish. I am aware that only the Bishops Transcripts are available as transcriptions which I have received.

I then realised that I am looking at around 1813 for the birth of

Catherine Jones who married Richard Davies Wheelwright in 1841 Llansannan.  Her father was a Thomas Jones , shoemaker. According to the various census she was born in Llanefydd circa 1813.

Please someone tell me there is a way out of this !!!!  I have only just broken the brick wall with Richard Davies after some 10 years.

Their daughter Hannah , born in Llangefni AGY was my hen Nain.
Hoping for someone's brilliant idea !

Nainmaddie
Jefferiss,Hodges,Gill, Cornwell, Stallibrass,Shirreff, Foulkes (CAE) Foulke(DEN ) Roberts, Owen,Morgans, Jones++ Jenkins,Williams

Offline taidgazacaz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Llannefydd Births
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 February 11 22:08 GMT (UK) »
Helo Nainmaddie,

Have you looked at the Genuki page for Lannefydd? If I read it correctly, the Bts cover 1813 onwards, but ClwydFHS have transcribed the PRs from 1665 to 1812.

Both the BTs, on microfilm, and the transcribed PRs, on hard copy, are available at the Flintshire Archives at Hawarden and possibly at the Denbighshire Archives at Ruthin. I'm hoping to visit both these places within the next few weeks, so if you don't get any response elsewhere, I'll add your search to my to-do list.

You could also buy the transcribed PRs from ClwydFHS.
Savage, Hoskins, Wigley, Edwards, German, Jacks

Offline nainmaddie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 February 11 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Bore da Taidgazacaz !

Thank you for your reply.

I have purchased the Pr's from Clwyd FHS taken from the BT's but the baptisms ( which I did not check ) only go up to 1753. Not much help there, and I got so excited when they came through the letterbox.

If I do not get any further replies, I would be grateful for your help while you are in the Record offices, I can wait another few weeks !!!!

Nainmaddie
Jefferiss,Hodges,Gill, Cornwell, Stallibrass,Shirreff, Foulkes (CAE) Foulke(DEN ) Roberts, Owen,Morgans, Jones++ Jenkins,Williams

Offline Megran

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 February 11 12:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Listed on the Clwyd FHS website the Baptisms go to 1812 as do the Marriages and Burials. They do have a look up system, just in case the Baptism was 1811/1812.
HTH,
Megran.

The Look up details are on the Clwyd FHS website.
Caunt - Manchester & area, Lancashire, Nottinghamshire.
Edwards - Cheshire, Denbighshire, Manchester
Lloyd - Marbury area,Cheshire
Isherwood - Bolton/Sharples, Lancashire
Vaughan - Marbury area, Cheshire
Walker - Manchester/Bolton/Sharples, Lancashire

Offline taidgazacaz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 06 February 11 18:32 GMT (UK) »
You seem to have book 2, whereas you need book 4. Never mind, I know that they're all at Hawarden.

Offline nainmaddie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 06 February 11 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Megran and Taidgazacaz

Thank you for your very kind thoughts.

In the Clwyd FHS Lists and in their magazine they list the births to 1812.  I have books 1-5 and the baptisms stop at 1753.

As Catherine was born 1812-1813, I will hope that Taid will continue his offer to do a look up when next in the Record office.  I would be very grateful , as I live in the South West and getting even to Aberystwyth is a major effort.

Thank you both
Nainmaddie

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 06 February 11 23:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi

If you look carefully at the Clwyd FHS website you will see that it is volume 2 that covers baptisms from 1754-1812   i.e. they are not in order. If your vol 2 does not cover that period then it has been incorrectly made up and you should take it up with them. I did once have a wrong index to one of their booklets and I am sure it is quite easy for mistakes to be made. Volumes 2 to 5 are all made up from Bishop's transcripts according to the magazine.

Hope you sort it out.

Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline taidgazacaz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 06 February 11 23:28 GMT (UK) »
Noswaith dda Nain,

Can I suggest you look again at books 2 & 4. (I got 2 and 4 mixed up on my previous reply) According to ClwydFHS website, book 2 should cover 1754 - 1812, and book 4 1665 - 1753.

If what you have don't tally with the website, maybe you should contact ClwydFHS to sort it out.

Tecwyn.

Offline taidgazacaz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 06 February 11 23:31 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Peter for repeating what you said, more or less. I saw the flag showing that someone else was responding, but wasn't sure what to do, so posted anyway.

Tecwyn.