Author Topic: Llannefydd Births  (Read 5077 times)

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Llannefydd Births
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 06 February 11 23:45 GMT (UK) »
ditto Tecwyn

still it should be clear now!!
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline nainmaddie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 07 February 11 14:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter and Tecwyn

It looks as if there has been a mistake made at their end, and I will take it up with them, as I paid for all of the books.  There are no baptisms after 1753.  I have to be honest and say that I did not pay too much attention as they said baptisms up to 1812.

I was too excited thinking that I was now going to be able to jump over said brick wall.  I started in the days before the Internet, when the Census was on a reel which you had to wind your way through.  Yawnnnnnnn!!!!

Thank you again for your help

Madlen
Jefferiss,Hodges,Gill, Cornwell, Stallibrass,Shirreff, Foulkes (CAE) Foulke(DEN ) Roberts, Owen,Morgans, Jones++ Jenkins,Williams

Offline nainmaddie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 February 11 15:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter and Tecwyn

2 +2 =4  No it doesn't !!!

Someone somewhere has got this all muddled up.  I spoke to a very,very nice lady at the Centre who said there is a book for Baptisms from 1754 -1812.  She did try a quick look for Catherine in it but not one with the father Thomas.

Someone on the evening shift was left a message about it, as he sent my order.  I did not hear anything last night.  At the moment I am not sure whether I should send cheque and order of Bap. or wait to see if he gets back to me.

It may be that I have to ask very nicely Tecwyn for a look up for 1813 in LLannefydd when he next goes to the Record office.  When I hear from them , I will let you know.

Madlen
Jefferiss,Hodges,Gill, Cornwell, Stallibrass,Shirreff, Foulkes (CAE) Foulke(DEN ) Roberts, Owen,Morgans, Jones++ Jenkins,Williams

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 09 February 11 16:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi

If they have sent you the wrong book or if it is incorrectly bound then they should send you the correct one. If you have ordered the wrong one then it is up to you. Remember that the quick look up may not be accurate especially if patronymics are involved. It may also be that Tecwyn will need to do a look up.
It should be possible to sort it out on the telephone and if they do not ring back I would phone again.
If it is their mistake I would guess that they would send the correct one free of charge and probably not want the other one back.
Don't worry these things happen!!

Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline nainmaddie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 10 February 11 11:57 GMT (UK) »
I received this morning Book 2  which is the births from 1754 - 1812  with the compliments of the Centre.  What service !!!  Much appreciated.

Sadly I cannot find Catherine's birth in there.  I did say I thought it would be 1813 or thereabouts. She or Richard were always very clear on the Census re birthdates and birthplace.

Thank you for all your help

Madlen

Offline taidgazacaz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 11 March 11 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Llannefydd PRs.

Marriage by banns, Thomas Jones (X) + Anne Foulkes (X), both o.t.p. 27 April 1798.
Witnesses, Wm Jones (X), William Davies (Parish Clerk)

Baptisms:
26/01/1800, born 24th, Margaret Jones, f Thomas, m Anne (Foulkes), abode Sgotland (sic)
06/08/1802, born 3rd,   Anne Jones, f ditto, m ditto, abode Carwedfynnydd
06/01/1804                   Peter Jones, f ditto, m ditto, abode Scotland
20/03/1806                   Elizabeth Jones, ditto all
08/05/1808                   Mary Jones, ditto all
28/10/1810                   John Jones, ditto all
20/09/1812                   Catherine Jones, ditto all
23/06/1816                   Ruth Jones, ditto all, father's occupation - Labourer
13/09/1818                   Sarah Jones, f Thomas, m Anne, abode - Pen Porcell, f's occupation - Farmer
Savage, Hoskins, Wigley, Edwards, German, Jacks

Offline Huwcyn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 11 March 11 22:58 GMT (UK) »
Pen Porchell = home of  Twm O'r Nant ?  (Thomas Edwards)
Owen , Parry , Pritchard, Foulkes  o Llanddeiniolen
Jones, Bellis o Sir Fflint
Williams o Beaumaris
Chambers o Dulyn
Rowlands o Tywyn

Offline nainmaddie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 12 March 11 18:57 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much Taidgazacaz for all your help .  I can't thank you enough. Hopefully I can now go back another generation.

Thank you Hughcyn for the information.  I shall presume from your message that the last one at least is not mine.  Fancy having another Foulkes from the Denbighshire lot this time !!

Nainmaddie