Author Topic: relatives from sora italy  (Read 5228 times)

Offline duncan1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
relatives from sora italy
« on: Sunday 06 February 11 12:24 GMT (UK) »
My mother was a Cerrone who was born and raised in Catshill Bromsgrove (one of 13). Her father  Antonio, my grandfather made Icecream and sold it around the Bromsgrove and Lickey areas.

Offline tenby tart

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: relatives from sora italy
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 February 11 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Duncan
Do you want records for here or italy, if italy do you know what part of italy antonio was from.

Regards Lynne
Weare Monmouthshire
Bossolo Besselo Italy
Watkins Risca Monmouthshire
Perry Birmingham

Offline duncan1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 February 11 18:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynne, the Italian home was in the village of Sora, Lazio region which I think is South of Rome.
I would like to see Italian records, can you help?

Duncan

Offline Tehmi77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 October 11 15:20 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

have not logged on for ages however I noticed your post and thought I would contact you. I do not know how, but I definitely know I am related to the Cerrone family in Catshill Bromsgrove, and I would love to figure out how.
I am Tehmi Cirrone, my father is Peter Cirrone and my Auntie who is Connie Dyer knows your family well as she too lives in Bromsgrove. She remembers visiting your family as a child and knows she is related but unsure of how.

My Grandfather was Peter Ontonio Cerrone, son of Pasquale Cerrone and Concetta Castellucio who were all from the Sora region. My Grandfather was born in 1908, he married in 1935 an Elsie Louise Golding and he died in 1954, he also had three other brothers,  Matthew Mark ( known as Mark) , John  and Anthony. From my records Mark may have married an Elsie Lunnon in 1921, he was born in 1905 and died in 1989. John was born in 1910 and married Marie Grego in 1943, he died in 1964. Anthony was born 1902 and I think married Elizabeth Tamburro in 1926, and died 1958.

Other names would be Mezzone, my Auntie who lives in bromsgrove used to go dancing and she used to see a Donald Michael Mezzone, he was the one that told her she was definitely related to the Cerrone's in Catshill.

So do any of these names ring a bell???? If they do I would love to hear from you and find out exactly how we are related.

Thanks
Tehmi

Offline pargy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 08 October 13 20:14 BST (UK) »
Hi this is my first message so bear with! My mother was a Cerrone born in Catshill Bromsgrove, she was one of thirteen children of Antonio and Christine Cerrone nee Mezzone   My great grandfather was Vincent Cerrone born in Sora in 1861 who married Nore or Rosetta born in Sora in1860. On my grandmothers side her parents were Sante Mezzone  born Sora 1865who married  Antonia Di Ruscio who was born in sora 1865 Sante and Antonia ran a sweet shop in Worcester. Has anyone got any info regarding my  Italian family?
Thanks Pargy

Offline Tehmi77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 05 November 13 10:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pargy,

Sorry it took so long to come back to you. I have come across your family quite a bit through my research, and have always wondered whether Antonio Cerrone was the brother or my GGrandfather Pasquale. Do you know when he came to the UK and who with. I can not find out anything about Pasquale, when he came over, who with and what he did and where he lived up until he married his wife Concetta. If they are related I do have quite a bit of information about the Cerrone;s, as I used an Italian researcher some time back, who was able to retrieve some information from the records in Sora. I also looked into the house where the Cerrone family were from, which is no longer standing, as It was badly destroyed after the earthquake in the early 1900's.

Also have you ever looked at the book "Bella Brum" as I am sure it refer's to the Mezzone family.

Sorry I can't tell you more really.

Tehmi
x

Offline pargy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 21:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tehmi, thanks for your reply, I'm in the same situation as you, don't know how my relatives got here and exactly when. I will keep searching! I've read some of your previous comments regarding an Elsie Lunnon being married to one of your relatives, she actually married my grandfathers brother who was Emiddio or Mathew.
Cheers Pargy

Offline Tehmi77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 18:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Pargy,

Its been a while since i logged on but i think i may have found how we are distantly related. Eugenio Cerrone was my GG Grandfathers Cousin, He lived at 1 Church road, Catshill, Bromsgrove. He married Kate Harbour in 1917. I am not sure at this stage whether he had any children, and I wondered if you may have any information on his family or descendants of his family.

Hope you can help.

Tehmi77

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 14 June 14 07:29 BST (UK) »
Eugene Cerrone dies in Bromsgrove in sept qtr 1942 aged 64 ...this means he was b 1877/78 and would have been 40 when he married Kate Harbour ...Kate was b june qtr 1896 in Bromsgrove -so she was 21 when she married Eugene..I can`t see any children for Eugene and Kate - but was he possibly married before ??
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford