Author Topic: Re: Canterbury Cathedral Registers 1564-1878 Look Up Offers  (Read 3157 times)

Offline majendieworld

• RootsChat Senior
  • John Mitchell, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Canterbury Cathedral Registers 1564-1878 Look Up Offers
« on: Saturday 24 July 04 17:15 BST (UK) »
Hello

First of all thank you so much for your volunteering to help!

Are the Canterbury Cathedral Registers you refer to specifically for the Cathedral? or are they the Diocesan Registers e.g covering other Parishes?

I should let you know that I am extensively researching Hopkins and Hogben in the Elham Valley, Newington nexta Hythe, Elmsted (Elmstead).

Also James family in the late 19th C in Canterbury itself. I have extensive info now but still working through odds and ends. (as usual!)

Please feel free if I may be of assistance.

Thanks again and look forward to our ongoing dialogue.

Sincerely
john

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
JAMES Constituent Families: Cornell, James, Perry, Philpot, Powter, Shonk, Surrah, Veasey. (Essex, Devon, Middlesex, Surrey)
HOPKINS Constituent Familes: Agar, Bartlett, Brouard, Codham, Hogben, Hopkins, Kennedy (Kent, Cornwall, Guernsey)
MITCHELL Constituent Familes: Mitchell, McKimmie, Sudds (Kent, Essex)
HILLEBRANDT Constituent Families: Bradley, Hillebrandt, Triggs (London, Essex), Walker
-ALLIED FAMILIES: Bohn, Furrell, Brewer, Swain,

Offline Adi1962

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Canterbury Cathedral Registers 1564-1878 Look Up Offers
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 July 04 20:53 BST (UK) »
John,

Its entitled "The Register Booke of Christnings, Marriages and Burialls within the precinct of the Cathedrall and Mettropoliticall Church of Christ of Canterbury"
Unfortunately it does only contain the records of the Cathedral and the Church.

I actually grew up in the village of Lyminge, in the Elham valley and know a few of the members of the Hogben family. Did you know there is a very extensive study on their own web site www.hogben.com

Kent is fast becoming a specialized subject for me, having lived in the county all my life and having the core of my ancestors originating there. If there is anything you think I may be able to help with them let me know and I give it a try.

Adrian
Currently researching
GODDEN, MARSH, WATERS & HUGHES Mid Kent
BUSHROD Mid Kent/Dorset,
FURMINGER Aylesford/Maidstone/Sittingbourne - Kent

visit http://www.Kent-opc.org

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk