Author Topic: cornwall families  (Read 3699 times)

Offline John Wheeler

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
cornwall families
« on: Monday 07 June 04 11:55 BST (UK) »
Looking for information on a John Wheeler born ? 1700? married Sophia Cripps June 22 1793 ? Antony?. Probably buried Antony as well, Some of the Decendants are buried there and i have copies of photos of some of the graves, from the church yard. It is known that they were involved in Wheelers Hotel Torpoint. This hotel was still in the family until the 1950's. Any information on John's ancestors would be appreciated. They had 6 sons John b13/5/1794, Thomas b30/6/1796, Daniel b1798, Edward b22/1/1800,James David Cripps Wheeler b4/9/1802 and George b1804. I have most of John juniors family but information on the others would be appreciated. Thank you
Researching:- Wheeler? from Torpoint Cornwall
Sambell:- from Cornwall
Captain Charles Casely Scott who married Angus Wheeler. David Cripps:- surgeon Royal Navy.All ancestor & descendants of above. Torpoint & Antony area of Cornwall

Offline sheppardj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: cornwall families
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 July 04 18:58 BST (UK) »
John

I've recently signed on as OPC for Antony.  I recognize the Wheeler name from my various transciption exercises.  I'll have a closer look John et al for you.  I have microfiche copies of the parish registers but unfortunately they are of very poor quality.  Not necessarily a fault of the CRO (although I think their copying technique could be updated) but more so a case of the vicar watering down his ink!

As OPC for Antony I would be interested in any records, transcripts or old photo's of the area we could include on our website  (going live sometime this week - I hope).

Cheers

Jim Sheppard
Ottawa Canada
Cornwall (Antony/Torpoint): SHEPPARD, VIGUS, HORDEN, WILLIAMS, VINCENT, SAMMELS, BASTARD
Somerset, (Bridgwater/Stogursey): SHEPHERD
Norfolk (Cranworth):CORY
Middlesex (London): CORY, FARMER
Kent (Erith/Gravesend/Staplehurst): FARMER, MACKEY

Offline krissy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Krissy always in the clouds
    • View Profile
Re: cornwall families
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 April 05 09:18 BST (UK) »
hi can you tell me as opc for antony would you have any info re whitesand bay or millbrook? i am trying to track ancestors and events in these areas
krissy
jefferis, jefferies, harding, dewar.drummond, waterfield,wright