Author Topic: william trigwell  (Read 4082 times)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: william trigwell
« Reply #9 on: Friday 11 February 11 18:16 GMT (UK) »
He is at RG11 1068 67 14 in 1881 by the way! Already married to ELizabeth with a 2 yr old William. He must have died or be visiting elsewhere in 1891
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Fairmeadow2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 03 March 11 10:17 GMT (UK) »
William TRIGWELL (1860-   ) who married Elizabeth GREENAWAY at Ringmer 2 Mar 1878 had 8 children bapt at Ringmer in 1879 (William), 1881 (George), 1886 (Joseph), 1888 (John), 1892 (Mary), 1894 (Samuel), 1897 (Albert) & 1900 (Earnest Albert). This is not a complete list of their children, as there was also an Elizabeth born c.1884 and other suspicious gaps - they probably moved in and out of the parish, explaining the 1891 absence. William TRIGWELL was under 21 when he married and the son of William TRIGWELL, both labs. Elizabeth GREENAWAY was the daughter of George GREENAWAY, lab, and was of full age at marriage.

William TRIGWELL (1860-    ) was a son of William TRIGWELL (1822-1893) & his wife Ellen WILLIAMS (1824-1884) [the sixth of their 7 children known to me]. He, unsurprisingly given his father, was occasionally in trouble, and once acquitted (probably luckily) in a Ringmer sheep-stealing case.

William TRIGWELL (1822-1893) was the younger son of John TRIGWELL (1798-    ) and his wife Caroline TOWNER. John TRIGWELL, eldest son of Isaac TRIGWELL (1773-1839) and his wife Elizabeth CLARKE (1773-1828), and second of their 12 children, was one of the leaders of the Ringmer rebels in the 1820s and 1830s, until finally transported (theft of chickens and rabbits from the Green Man Inn) in 1838. He continued his one-man rebellion as a transportee, and survived his term, but never returned to Ringmer and his family. He had a fascinating life, very well documented.

Offline LoriVT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 28 September 21 10:08 BST (UK) »
William Trigwell b1822 - d1893 from Lewes was the son of John Trigwell b1798 who was transported to Tasmania in 1837 but not before he and his wife Caroline had 2 boys - William and Leonard.
William married Ellen or Eleanor Williams and one of their children was Samuel Edward Trigwell b 1856 who is my great grandfather.
Fairmeadown2 states that John Trigwell's life was very well documented and I am very keen to find out more if anyone has any info?

Offline LoriVT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 28 September 21 10:11 BST (UK) »
what happened to john from the 1851 cencus?

thanks nicola

John was transported to Tasmania in 1837 for 7 years - it seems he passed away whilst still there. His son William was my great-great-grandfather.

Offline LoriVT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 28 September 21 10:31 BST (UK) »
I've just found an Elizabeth Ann Trigwell in my family tree  :D
Born 1884 in Ringmer
Daughter of William & Elizabeth
Married James Pepper
Two daughters Ada & Frances
Died 1941 in Hastings

... any relation  ???

Hi -Elizabeth Ann Trigwell is the daughter of William who was my great grandfathers brother! My great grandfather was Samuel Edward B1856, Your William (Elizabeth's father was born 1860.

I've only recently started looking into all of this and it is fascinating!

Offline Fairmeadow2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 14 November 21 22:09 GMT (UK) »
LOADS of info about the transported John TRIGWELL, and I do a 1 hour talk on Ellen's father Samuel WILLIAMS. Contact me via www.ringmer.info

Offline LoriVT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 14 November 21 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks - I loved the slideshow you sent to me via email - so interesting! I will stay in touch!