Author Topic: Mary Annie Rose O'Hara  (Read 3907 times)

Offline suziq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Mary Annie Rose O'Hara
« on: Monday 07 February 11 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am looking for Mary Annie Rose O'Hara who married John Dewey.  She was born about 1864 in Duncannon.  John was a military man and their 1st child was born in Hounslow, the next 2 were born in Duncannon and the last child was born in India where John also died.
Any info would be gratefully received!!!!!

Many thanks
Suziq
Timmins-Durham,York,Middx,Sussex Pearson-Durham, Blenkinsop-York, Hind,Lumley,Gordon,Stoker,Farrant-Sussex,Comber-Sussex

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Annie Rose O'Hara
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 February 11 18:05 GMT (UK) »
Full civil registration started in Ireland in 1864, so if Mary Annie was born in that year (or after) she will probably be in civil records - see the introduction topic link for details on searching this. For earlier details you would need to check for available parish records. Do you know the family religion ?

Introduction to Irish Records

p.s. I'll move this topic to the Wexford forum, since that's where Duncannon is located

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 February 11 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Have you located the marriage of Mary Annie and John ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline suziq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 February 11 18:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I did think it was in Wexford but couldn't see it on the list so thank you!!!
 Shane - no I haven't found the marriage although there is a marriage of a John James Dewey in India in 1886 (military weddings) but it doesn't say who to!!!!!!!
I shall keep hunting
Many thanks
Suziq
Timmins-Durham,York,Middx,Sussex Pearson-Durham, Blenkinsop-York, Hind,Lumley,Gordon,Stoker,Farrant-Sussex,Comber-Sussex

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 07 February 11 18:30 GMT (UK) »
There's a fort in Duncannon so possibly John served there at some stage.

see : http://www.duncannonfort.com/

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline suziq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 07 February 11 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shane
I think he probably did as their son also John put his place of birth as Duncannon Fort!!!!
Suziq

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 07 February 11 18:52 GMT (UK) »
O'Hara doesnt seem to be a common Wexford surname... just two households listed on Griffiths in 1854. Both are located to the north of the county near to Gorey. See : O'Hara - Co. Wexford

I wonder if Mary's father was military also ?

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline suziq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 07 February 11 19:32 GMT (UK) »
I am also wondering if the names of their children mean anything, 1st born daughter is Dulcina Elfreda, 1st born son is Albert and then the 3rd child is John (same as father and grandfather Dewey) and the last child is Eliza (John's mums' name) Could Dulcina and Albert be the names of Marys' parents???????
Suziq

Offline suziq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 08 February 11 12:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have found a marriage in 1886 in Secunderabad, India for a John James Dewey b.1858 - fathers name John to a Mary Anne Rose Adshead b. dec 1863, she was also born in India though!
Coincidence?????????? Help????
Suziq