Author Topic: Burials at Miltown Malbay  (Read 5492 times)

Offline cmcmull

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Burials at Miltown Malbay
« on: Monday 18 April 05 04:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Does anyone have burial records for Miltown Malbay?
I have Michael O'Doherty died 6 Jan 1886, Susannah died 27 May 1899 and hoping to find more on them and family incl John born 1864 lived Ennistymon Rd 1916 when brother Conor died France WW1 , Anne married John Murphy died 1946.  I'd appreciate if someone with access to records could tell me who each is buried with, when John died and if there are any more Doherty's buried there.

Thanks
Carmel
McMullen NSW & NZ, Brewster, Freestone Cambs, Carlyon, Jolliffe and Leverton Cornwall, Sutton, Ellis Lincs, Soles Gls., Boyce Tyrone, Leckey Co Down, Cuthell London & Stirlingshire Scotland, Cubitt London Sussex and Norfolk, Vale NSW, Wenham Cambs,Goodfellow Wiltshire, Shaw Derbys. & Notts., Whitlock Norfolk, Fort Lancs., Cameron Inverness, Fraser Stratherrick, Scotland, Reedy Ennis Co Clare, Murphy, Brennan, McAuliffe Newmarket, Co Cork, Doherty, Reynolds M'town Malbay, Ennistymon  Clare

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Burials at Miltown Malbay
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 April 07 13:29 BST (UK) »
Hello Carmel,

Is the cemetery called Miltown Malbay ???

There are at least two cemeteries at Miltown Malbay.

Chris

Offline cmcmull

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Burials at Miltown Malbay
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 April 07 13:54 BST (UK) »
Hello Chris,  Thanks for reply to my query.  I don't know which cemetery they are buried in  as the death certificate does not indicate name of cemetery.  I only know that they died at Miltown Malbay -District Miltown Malbay, Union Ennistymon on the dates I gave in original post.  Our death certificates in Australia give the burial place but those for Ireland at least for that time period didn't.  I will be travelling to Ireland in October but there is a lot to see and a lot of ancestors to trace so I need to get as much information as possible including which cemeteries and where to find graves before I go there.  I looked on the lists for the 2 cemeteries from the link Clare burials and they did not appear there.  One thing I didn't give in original message was that Michaels wife was often known as Johanna rather than Susannah and on checking the death cert her name appears as Johanna there.  I also think there's a strong possibility they are from a townland called Garraun in Clooney between Miltown Malbay and Ennistymon but that is only a thought because I found both Michael and Johanna listed there in Guy's directory in 1893.  I don't know if there is any cemetery in that locality and I also think that townland would be closer to Ennistymon than to Miltown Malbay.
McMullen NSW & NZ, Brewster, Freestone Cambs, Carlyon, Jolliffe and Leverton Cornwall, Sutton, Ellis Lincs, Soles Gls., Boyce Tyrone, Leckey Co Down, Cuthell London & Stirlingshire Scotland, Cubitt London Sussex and Norfolk, Vale NSW, Wenham Cambs,Goodfellow Wiltshire, Shaw Derbys. & Notts., Whitlock Norfolk, Fort Lancs., Cameron Inverness, Fraser Stratherrick, Scotland, Reedy Ennis Co Clare, Murphy, Brennan, McAuliffe Newmarket, Co Cork, Doherty, Reynolds M'town Malbay, Ennistymon  Clare