Author Topic: Roper Smith (or Smith ) family , Chesterfield  (Read 25149 times)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Re: Roper Smith (or Smith ) family , Chesterfield
« Reply #72 on: Saturday 26 October 13 15:16 BST (UK) »
Well Liz you have had a month now since I PM'd you with lots of details, names/dates  it would be nice to hear from you
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline LizTJ

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Sunday 27 October 13 08:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi, sorry I haven't been in touch, still trying to get in touch with local Mormon Church, they are not open as often as they used to be and I keep missing the times
Just put a reminder and the number into my mobile so should contact them Wednesday night.  Once contacted it's usually about a week before the fiche arrives.
Sorry again. will contact you as soon as I have some more data.
Wish we had something like lincstothepast here, I have used that site quite a bit.
Doesn't look like the others are following now.
Liz

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Friday 01 November 13 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Liz
For some reason I didn't get the update you had answered.
Yes it would be nice to have them online like 'Lincs' ......even 'East Midlands' website don't have coverage of Castle Don/Sawley/Long Eaton/Shardlow areas,  the transcriptions for Castle Donington General Baptist Births shows no one we need and even on  'familytimeline' on the  Leicestershire or Derbyshire Documents page there is nothing

Looking forward to hearing from you
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston

Offline LizTJ

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Sunday 03 November 13 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Might be a bit longer than a week, lifted something awkwardly earlier on and hurt my back.  Already printed yr pm so that what I shall take with me.  Assume it's the C of E church in Castle Donnington.
Liz

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Sunday 03 November 13 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Oh Liz poor you back pain is not good.

Not at my computer right now to see if I have the name of the church in my notes, but will look and PM you if I find it.  think it is the Anglican parish church Saint Edward King & Martyr as the RC wasn't built until 1935 and there was a Baptists' chapel late 1700s and the others (Methodists, Independents  and Quakers) each had a chapel there by 1849.

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday 05 November 13 11:40 GMT (UK) »
Just seen this as one Roper line goes back to Bacon, it is worth reading

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=664846.0

Offline LizTJ

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday 05 November 13 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that one, I have made a note.
Liz