Author Topic: Francis  (Read 27505 times)

Offline KenS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Francis
« Reply #63 on: Sunday 09 January 22 13:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi. Which line are you descendant from?   Which child of Alice/Henry?  Incidentally, I have Alice`s death cert. died of dementia, in the presence of Isaac Smith(son)(who was my great grandfather). Isaac died 1894 of diabetes.  His wife Sarah , had a child(1896) after he died, the death cert. does not name the father.  Her name was Sarah E Smith, who later married a Thomas Barnes from Sedgefield in 1907. Sarah E - died 1927, possible died in childbirth as a child was born 1927 - Elizabeth Barnes.
4 children from that marriage -John J Barnes died aged 2yrs b.1923,Wm G Barnes b.1925 married Margaret Unsworth -he died Norwich 1976. Edith M Barnes b. 1925. Married 1944 - Darby (Had one child b.1944 Barry James Darby) Elizabeth married Raymond Hackworth -no children.   
     Correction to Sarah E Smith marriage to Barnes(incorrect)  I now have the death certificate for Sarah E Smith, she died of Addisons disease in Sunderland at her daughters home Jane Wilkinson(Smith).  So ignore the Barnes connection

Offline dhowse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Sunday 09 January 22 20:10 GMT (UK) »
I am a descendant of Mary Smith daughter of Henry Smith and Alice Francis.

Offline KenS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Monday 10 January 22 12:37 GMT (UK) »
Deb.    Have a look on freebdm.    May help you ref.the Johnson link.   Ken

Offline pwlynch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 17 January 24 19:15 GMT (UK) »
I rediscovered this thread a few days ago and wondered if anyone has found out any more information about the Francis,Smiths and other families talked about here.I have dozens of matches on Ancestry DNA .Looking forward to restarting the discussion again.