Author Topic: Ellen Parker 1881, Paddington  (Read 4263 times)

Offline sam48

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen Parker 1881, Paddington
« Reply #9 on: Friday 11 February 11 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thank you again for your research in trying to track my husband's grandmother, Ellen. I was given her date of birth from her youngest son's wife, which is correct with Ellen's age on the marriage record (23 years).   However, on the 1911 census her age is given as 26 years, which gives a DOB of 1884/1885. I have contacted this relative again to see if she has any other info regarding Ellen but her DOB took from December 2000 to reach me.

Regards
Brenda

Offline Myrtlexo

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 06 March 21 01:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brenda,

I'm trying to upload an image of the birth certificate. It doesn't seem to allow me to add photos though, here is a link to a google drive with it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gB9UgKLyvS6bvMb_4JBWcKoM2Onuwm60/view?usp=sharing

My grandmother's house was cleaned out as she just passed away, and we found this birth certificate. We aren't even sure why she had it, if we are related her or not.

It looks like she was born 23 December 1881, her birth was registered on 20 January 1882. Her mother was Ann Elizabeth Parker (formerly Wrench), her father was George Parker who was a Brewer's Labourer at the time. She was born in the sub-district of Burton on Trent in the counties of Stafford and Derby.

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 06 March 21 03:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello Myrtlexo and welcome to RootsChat.

Unfortunately Brenda has not been active on here since February 2011, however hopefully she still has the same email address and will receive notification of your post.

Modified to add:
I don't think the certificate you have relates to the Ellen PARKER that Brenda was looking for, as yours was registered in Burton upon Trent. A common name.  :)

Would you like some help trying to tie the certificate to your grandmother? We're happy to investigate if you give us some more details.