Author Topic: Looking for Walter J BRIDGEMAN  (Read 5647 times)

Offline marinelife

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Walter J BRIDGEMAN
« on: Saturday 12 February 11 11:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am researching the Bridgeman family who appear to have come from the Stowmarket/Coombs area of Suffolk.  In particular WALTER J BRIDGEMAN who was born @ 1888 in Coombs Suffolk.  I have found him in London on 1901 census living with part of his family but nothing after that.  Can't find a death or a military service record.  If anyone can trace this man after 1901 I would be so grateful

thanks

Offline kmart66

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Walter J Bridgeman
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 February 11 14:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi

If Walter's parents were Roger Bridgeman and Emily Churchyard then he is listed in the 1891 and 1901 census as living in Combs, Suffolk.

I have found the birth of Walter James Bridgeman registered in Stow Suffolk in the first quarter (Jan Feb Mar) of 1888.

There is an entry in the BMD for the death of a Walter Bridgeman b 19 Feb 1888, however the death was registered in 1971 in Swansea.
Perhaps he relocated there.

Apart from that I can't find anything that fits the dates.

Kevin
Brightlingsea families
Martin, Day, Frostick, Salmon

faber est quisque fortunae suae

Offline marinelife

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Walter J Bridgeman
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 February 11 15:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Many thanks for that, I have just found a Walter Bridgeman on 1911 census boarding in Swansea with a son Walter.  the only thing is says his birthplace was Cricklewood.  Need to find a marriage for Walter.  thanks again  for taking the trouble to help me out

Offline Jonah7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Walter J BRIDGEMAN
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 March 11 20:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marinelife,

Roger Bridgeman mentioned above is my great-grandfather; I'm pretty sure the Walter James from Swansea isn't the one you are looking for. Having said that, I've not been able to find any other information.

If there's any other info on Combs Bridgeman's you'd like to know, I may be able to help.

Best wishes
Suffolk: Bridgeman

Offline marinelife

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 15 March 11 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Many thanks for the reply about Walter Bridgeman.  Please contact me direct at (*) and maybe we could swap notes and info on the Bridgemans.  My husband's grandmother was Elizabeth Bridgeman and I have quite an extensive tree on genes and ancestry regarding the Bridgeman family

Take care

sue

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline jidshurl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 11 April 11 22:22 BST (UK) »
I am the granddaughter of Walter Bridgeman who died in Swansea. I think he is the person you are searching for he was born near Stowmarket in Suffolk and married my Grandmother in London, I have limited knowledge of his life in Suffolk other than I believe he was the seventh son born to his parents. If you believe he is the person you are searching for please get in touch I would dearly love to know more about my Grandfather and his family.

Offline marinelife

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 12 April 11 13:56 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am not sure if your Walter J Bridgeman is the same man I am looking for, though names dates and places do coincide. Another member of Rootschat e mailed me to say he didn't think they were the same person.  Do you have access to ancestry.co.uk or Genes Reunited as I do have extensive trees on both sites that include Walter J Bridgeman.  Please let me know if yu want access to any of these trees.  If you don't subscribe to the 2 websites let me know and I will email yousome details and let you decide if we are on the same person.  Perhaps you could let me know a bit about your Walter J bridgeman?

Please keep in touch

Sue x

Offline jidshurl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 12 April 11 17:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,
I really don't know very much, My grandfather had five sons, my Father, George, Roger, James, Walter and Con. I remember my father saying he was named after an Uncle George in Suffolk and  I would imagine his brother Roger too was named after a family member. There were also daughters, Margaret, Joan, Olga, Theresa, Rosa and Janet. I have no other access to any geneaology sites so any info you could share would be appreciated. Very best wishes, Sue Hurlock (nee Bridgeman)

Offline marinelife

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 12 April 11 20:29 BST (UK) »
Hi

If we are on the same person (I am feeling more confident that we are) Roger is named after his father who was Roger Bridgeman and his mother was ~Emily Churchyard.  Will put something together in the next few days and e mail you

Take care

Sue