Author Topic: Young sailor,date and colour please.  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Seoras

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • GG gf Robert. Born Ireland 1865. Died USA 1941.
    • View Profile
Re: Young sailor,date and colour please.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 13 February 11 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Aw thank you Irene,as per usual with you,an absolutely brilliant colour.Great subject isn't it.Of course I will have to print a copy of all responses for the lady who loaned it to me...........better go buy some ink ;D

George.
SCOTLAND: Wardlaw Steen/Stein Tweedie McBride McEwan Pate/Peat Brown Somerville Bishop Farier/Ferrier Wood  Torrance Gibb Ross Dunlop Downs Richardson Ramsey Story Snaddon/Sneddon Auld Allan McLean McInnes Mason Law Lawson Kerr Cockburn Christie Ballingall Wardrope Weir Wallace Scott.
IRELAND: Welsh Clifford Lee Allingham Keane Dale Robinson Greer McVey Bingham Skelton Carson Broomfield Clark McEwan/McKeown McCreary McLaughlan.
YORKSHIRE: Cudworth Smith Cope Coulton Hainsworth

Offline rsinbad

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 February 11 18:59 GMT (UK) »
one from me
GUIDE FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR SCANNER BED IS CLEAN AND SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM.

If you would like a coloured version, details such as hair colour , eyes and clothing etc.  if known  would be helpful to restorers

Regards Roy

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 13 February 11 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi George :)

The date code on the back of this one seems to be for 1893, which would fit with the design of cherubs and camera ( ::) ;D  ), give it a year or two afterwards and say 1893-1895 or so.

Beautiful restorations and colourings, everyone!  :D

Cheers
Prue

Offline Seoras

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • GG gf Robert. Born Ireland 1865. Died USA 1941.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 13 February 11 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Har har rsinbad,with a user name like that the nautical theme was always going to grab you ;D.Lovely colour suits the subject perfectly,thank you very much.I agree with Prue,fantastic work all round.

Prue thank you for the date.I can now hand the photo back with several colour versions,info on the photographer and a date,bravo everyone.

George.
SCOTLAND: Wardlaw Steen/Stein Tweedie McBride McEwan Pate/Peat Brown Somerville Bishop Farier/Ferrier Wood  Torrance Gibb Ross Dunlop Downs Richardson Ramsey Story Snaddon/Sneddon Auld Allan McLean McInnes Mason Law Lawson Kerr Cockburn Christie Ballingall Wardrope Weir Wallace Scott.
IRELAND: Welsh Clifford Lee Allingham Keane Dale Robinson Greer McVey Bingham Skelton Carson Broomfield Clark McEwan/McKeown McCreary McLaughlan.
YORKSHIRE: Cudworth Smith Cope Coulton Hainsworth

Offline rsinbad

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 13 February 11 22:12 GMT (UK) »
Har har rsinbad,with a user name like that the nautical theme was always going to grab you

George.

Yes true until recently i was Captain of my own ship hence rsinbad ;)
GUIDE FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR SCANNER BED IS CLEAN AND SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM.

If you would like a coloured version, details such as hair colour , eyes and clothing etc.  if known  would be helpful to restorers

Regards Roy