Author Topic: WITH SPECIAL THANKS ONCE AGAIN SANDRA COMPLETE Thomas McCrindle b 1885 Ayrshire  (Read 14005 times)

Offline MaryThielemann

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WITH SPECIAL THANKS ONCE AGAIN SANDRA COMPLETE Thomas McCrindle b 1885 Ayrshire
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 07 July 11 16:22 BST (UK) »
Sandra, for the record, I know that Winnie Irene (Grovenburg) McCrindle was not married again after her marriage to Andrew McCrindle.  She and Andrew had a daughter (*) McCrindle in 1939. When I knew Winnie, she was a widow, last name of McCrindle, and lived in the Goodyears Bar/Downieville area of California in a house right near that in which her daughter (*)
and her husband (my dad's brother) (*).

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data. New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas McCrindle b 1885 Ayrshire
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 07 July 11 21:21 BST (UK) »
Andrew Dennis McCrindle married Winnie Irene Grovenburg about 1923. Winnie born 21/03/1904 in Tacoma, Pierce, Washington and died 17/05/1989 in Goodyears Bar, Sierra, California according to family tree.   May have been a second marriage for Winnie but not sure it that date of marriage is correct. I can see a Winnie Gilman born 1904 Washington in Honey Lake Lassen. California in 1930 with a son aged 6 and she is still married.  ???

Winnie Irene McCrindle - [Winnie Irene Grovenburg] 
Birth Date: 21 Mar 1904 - Washington
Death Date: 17 May 1989  - Nevada
Mother's Maiden Name: McDonald
Father's Surname: Grovenburg

http://www.oocities.com/grovenburg/d2857.html

Hello Mary,

Welcome to Rootschat

Sorry to correct but you have slightly misinterpretated what I wrote.    In the quote above I was sceptical of the date of marriage to Andrew McCrindle in 1923 because Winnie was living with her Mother, America Grovenburg in 1930 under the name Winnie Gilman, there was also a grandson of the same name.  The 1930 Census stated Winnie was married at 21 years.  If that was correct, Winnie married Andrew after 1930 and it was her second marriage.  I did not say she remarried after Andrew had died.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline suzilad

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Hi Mary ,
             May I add my wee bit to this I am sorry if you were upset in anyway by this information.  I  am a   direct descendant of a McCrindle who was born in Ayrshire in 1675 if it wasn't for Sandra and all the other people on "Rootschat" I and many like me would have big gaps in  their family tree.
The help we receive is all voluntary and I for one appreciate it immensely I now have information on ancestors  all over the world at the moment I am researching in Australia. Without this assistance I  would never have been able to find the information I  have today .
It is one of the best sites I have found while doing my genealogy  and if you ever need help in tracing one of your ancestors I and many more would thoroughly recommend it.
Regards,
Suzilad

Offline Lasthero

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WITH SPECIAL THANKS ONCE AGAIN SANDRA COMPLETE Thomas McCrindle b 1885 Ayrshire
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 16 August 11 15:33 BST (UK) »
Details of Andrew Dennis McCrindle (BC)

Born 22 April 1888
Registered Maybole Ayrshire 02 May 1888
Location Old Trees, Maybole 10.00pm
Father Andrew
Mother Mary Dennis
Parents Marriage 13 March 1885 - Kirkoswald, Ayrshire

Offline Lasthero

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 16 August 11 15:54 BST (UK) »
Edith Moore McCrindle

19 February 1887
Father Andrew  (ploughman)
Mother Mary Dennis
Married 13 March 1885
Birth Registered 08 March 1887

Offline suzilad

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 16 August 11 16:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Lasthero

Thank you for posting these dates of births . As I said in a previous post I am a direct descendant of the McCrindles and

have information on them back until 1675 here in Scotland  I don't have many gaps in the tree one is  Edith located her

husbands and their children's but unfortunately never been able to locate hers. Very fortunate that I can go whenever I please

to the GROS in Edinburgh.

Regards,

Suzilad

Offline suzilad

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 16 August 11 18:28 BST (UK) »

Hi again,
              Mary Dennis and Andrew McCrindle  had more of a family than these two can't for the life of me think of the names at
the moment.

One I am positive died in America the others here in Scotland.

If you are researching McCrindles just PM me and we can perhaps exchange info.

Regards,

Suzilad

Offline Historia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 15 October 19 06:06 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am Andrew Dennis McCrindle's grandaughter. I never met him but this is what I know about him. He left Scotland and traveled on horse stock ships, ended up in Canada where my mother heard that he married and had a female child, (is this Edith?) He left Canada for California where McCrindle.She is still living. Winnie had been married before and had a son, Ford Gilman from a former marriage. We do not think Andrew, whom was nick-named Shorty, ever legally divorced his wife in Canada when he left and married my Gran. I believe my mother, whom was excited to hear she might have a half sister tried to contact her once but was turned away. We always heard that he was 12 when he left Scotland.
From your thread, It sounds like he had a brother, Thomas here in the states. Very interested in learning more about the family!

Offline Historia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 15 October 19 06:26 BST (UK) »
My Mother, Andrew and Winnie's daughter would be very excited to know more about her ancestry on her father's side. We know very little.