Author Topic: Llangollen burials  (Read 5238 times)

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Llangollen burials
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 17 February 11 19:29 GMT (UK) »
There is a Private Message facility.   Roots strongly advise members not to disclose E-mail addresses on the public Forum,  but to use the PM service.
Nursall   ~    Buckinghamshire
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline JHunt4854

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 17 February 11 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Thanks.  I've sent you a message on the PM service as you recommend.

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 17 February 11 23:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello  :)

Stryt Isa Rhosllanerchrugog Parish in 1871 with sons Caleb and James and Daughter Sarah Ann age 4, so Ann must have died 1866-71
RG10 Piece 5653/ 92 Pge 27

Same place 1861 RG9 Piece 4282/ 76 Pg 20 Simeon, Ann, and Caleb

Might be worth contacting Wrexham Register Office to ask them to search for the death certificate for Ann wife of Simeon of Stryt Isa Rhos 1866-71?

http://www.wrexham.gov.uk/english/life_events/bereavement/register_office.htm

Kind Regards
Morgan

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 18 February 11 00:16 GMT (UK) »
Listed as Simon aged c 65 he is again with Caleb and James in 1881 in Thornaby Yorkshire.
RG11/4863/23/40.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JHunt4854

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 18 February 11 15:21 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks to both Morgan and William. (I'm presuming it's ok to make a joint reply to you both?  Forgive me if I'm wrong - still learning how Roots Chat works!)

Yes, I too had found the family in Street Issa, Ruabon in 1861, and Simeon (by now a widower) with his children in 1871 also in same place,  and then again in 1881 in Thornaby on Tees.  So yes it would seem Ann must have died between 1861 & 1871 as you say.  No further trace of Simeon after 1881, so his death was obviously after that.

I'll certainly give Wrexham Register Office a try - thanks for the tip Morgan.  Does it cost much for them to do a search for me?

Hi again William.  You kindly helped me some time ago when I was trying to find out more about Plas Kynaston in Ruabon.  I wrote off to Denbighshire County Council and the sent me photocopies of Dennis Davies' history of Plas Kynaston - very interesting & useful.  I don't think that Ann herself could have lived there as my grandfather thought.  The last residents, before the house went into other uses, were of another name:  The last Kynastons to reside there were some time earlier.  All my searches into Ann's family however (her parents David & Mary Kynaston) take me a bit further south to the Llanwddyn, Llanfyllin, Llangedwyn, Llanrhaedr ym Monchant area.  The Kynastons who lived at Plas Kynaston seem to be related to those who came from over the English border into Shropshire (Ellesmere, Knockin, Kinnerley, Hordley & Wem).  If I find a link between my Ann Kynaston and these, I'm starting to feel that it might be further back in time.  However, it's still very intriguing that my Ann Kynaston lived so very nearby and that the family folklore says that (my) Kynastons lived there once?

All this said, I'm hoping that Ann and Simeon's grave might contain a clue.
Many thanks for your kind help.
John

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 18 February 11 16:06 GMT (UK) »
Yes John it seems we meet again!

There were quite a few Kynaston families in the border area,a couple of which married into my Tree but they were from the Shropshire/Flintshire area.

It seems David Kynaston married twice,first showing with wife Mary in 1851 then  with a wife Margaret in 1871.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline JHunt4854

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 18 February 11 16:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi William - yes, I think we were in touch through Genes Reunited, was it?  You were very helpful anyway.
I remember coming across, and pondering about,  both Mary and Margaret.  I'm going to have to have another look at all this to refresh my memory.  I believe that wife Mary was Mary Griffiths.
John

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 18 February 11 17:14 GMT (UK) »
We may have been in touch via GR.Looking again I have my doubts about the Margaret not being able to find a second marriage anywhere for David.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 19 February 11 00:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi John

No problem at all with your joint reply  :)

I think if you email the Register Office they should find Ann's death easily and offer you the opportunity to buy it for £9. They have been very good with any queries I have raised in the past. You can narrow down Ann's date of death from the birth of daughter Sarah Ann, who was probably born abt 1866.

Kind Regards
Morgan