Author Topic: Marriage Lookup Please  (Read 2905 times)

Offline ldepanian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Marriage Lookup Please
« on: Tuesday 19 April 05 01:42 BST (UK) »
Hi....
Am fairly new to what Irish records are available....and feel a little daunted by the scarcity of records available online.  But am wondering what the likelyhood might be of someone being able to locate a marriage record for John Dunn (occupation tailor) to Mary Flannigan.  I believe the marriage took place in Portadown and would have been ca. 1834-1836.
John and Mary had the following known children (just in case this rings a bell with anyone out there)
Patrick
Charles
Mary
Luke

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated.  Not sure what the next steps should be for me or exactly how to obtain this information from the U.S.

Much appreciated!
Regards,
Linda
Dunn, Walsh, Wragg, Wilkinson, Wells, Fuller, Chadwell, Tudor

Online scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Lookup Please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 April 05 10:39 BST (UK) »
Lurgan is about 6 miles from Portadown so some of the info on the following site may be of help:

http://lurganancestry.net/introduction.asp Link now broken
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline ldepanian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Lookup Please
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 April 05 18:58 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the link.  While I found it of great interest and have bookmarked it for possible future use, alas, I was unable to locate my Dunn/Flannigan connection.

Thank you again!
Linda
Dunn, Walsh, Wragg, Wilkinson, Wells, Fuller, Chadwell, Tudor