Author Topic: Mary THOMAS - 1851 look-up  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Brentor boy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary THOMAS - 1851 look-up
« on: Saturday 19 February 11 11:32 GMT (UK) »
This is a repeat of an earlier post which does not seem to have been listed.

I am looking for help in tracing Mary in 1851.

In 1861 she is shown as a widow, b c 1826, Blackrod, Lancashire, living in Brithdir, Pantywaun, Glamorgan, with her children, including George(1847) and Priscilla(1850)

In 1871 she is living with Priscilla (now Richards) still in Pantywaun. Same place of birth, born 1827.

In 1881 she is again shown as part of her daughter's household in Pantywaun but, in common with other adults, her pob is erroneously given as Gelligaer. Born 1826.

I have the certificate for Priscilla's birth May 1850 in Beaufort, Brecon. This gives her father's name as William Thomas, mother's maiden name Smith.

I have discovered a matching record  for a family living in Llangattock in 1851, but with variations in places of birth. Whilst those of George and Priscilla are fairly close that of Mary, and her birth year, differs markedly. Can anyone see another possible record for this family? If not, I would appreciate an opinion on the places of birth of William and Mary.

I also have the certificate for the "obvious" marriage of William and Mary in Glasbury (Hay district) Brecon, in 1847 but, apart from their names, nothing else matches anything I have yet discovered about this family.

Any suggestions or advice that might help me confirm/clarify any or all of this would be much appreciated.

Offline Brentor boy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary THOMAS - 1851 look-up
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 February 11 17:13 GMT (UK) »
I now realise that I posted previously on Breconshire look-up requests.

Sorry for any confusion as result of duplication