Author Topic: Yearsley/Yarsley links to the Forest of Dean  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Greygirl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Yearsley/Yarsley links to the Forest of Dean
« on: Saturday 19 February 11 11:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Does anyone have either of these people in their family tree and have information about their parents/siblings/origins?

Thomas Yearsley/Yarlsey dob unknown married Ann Grubb in Monmouth 1761 and died 1784
John Yearsley b1777-ish married Caroline (?Davies) and died 1833

Their descendents were based in Monmouth and thereabouts but I can't find any trace of their ancestors in Monmouth.

Greygirl :(
Lloyd (Ystumtuen, Llanfihangel y Creuddyn) Powell (Rhondda, Merthyr Tydfil, Llanspyddid) Yearsley (Monmouth, Ruardean) Faust (Gelsenkirchen, Dortmund & Waltersbrück/Bischhausen) Führen (Eschweiler, Duisburg and Kranenburg/Grafwegen)

Offline SWar

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Yearsley/Yarsley links to the Forest of Dean
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 February 11 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

You may find this site useful -

http://www.forest-of-dean.net/

You will need to register but it is free.

Sue

Offline harvo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 February 11 20:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   I see someone has already given you a link to the Forest of Dean.
  I am searching my Malson family in the FoD and have come across a marriage's of Yearsley Sisters to Malson Brothers.
        Richard Malson b1768 married 3rd December 1792 at Abenhall to Hannah Yearsley b1766 d1838
        John Malson b 1771 married 17th December 1794 at Newland to Sarah Yearsley b 1765  d ?

These i don't believe are my direct Malsons so the research is limited to being supplied by other researchers
  Richard and Hannah had an extensive family ,i don't have any family for John and Sarah ,the brother's Malson lived into their 80s and died in 1855 i think weeks of one another!
Hope this may be of help to you ,Good Luck and good Hunting

Offline johnsolomon

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 23 July 23 16:38 BST (UK) »
John Yearsley, who married Caroline Davies, is my partner's GT GT GT Grandfather on her Mother's side.

According to our research his parents were STEPHEN YEARSLEY (1734 - 1817) and MARY WATKINS (1743 - 1826).
The reason you cannot find them at Monmouth is that they were born, lived and died at Ruardean, Gloucs. I assume that John was born at Ruardean but have not confirmed that yet.

Best wishes