Author Topic: Advice needed - Sunray Cutler  (Read 2861 times)

Offline matt94

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Advice needed - Sunray Cutler
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 26 February 11 10:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I have already conducted a Bucks FHS search of all Cutler CMB's 1600-1900 in Buckinghamshire... but couldnt see the burial of Male Cutler in 1852, so I thought I would give it a shot.

Steve (from Bucks) I would be happy to post you the Cutler Certificate... I don't need it... not one of mine. The child is nameless and it looks as if he was born and died on 5th May 1852 at Monks Risborough, son of William Cutler and Sarah Crook. PM me your address and I will send you the certificate if you would like.

Other Steve... I have done alot of research on this family. Richard died 19 February 1870 aged 49 years. William was born and died in 1842 as per a family bible and a burial record in 1842, and then I have traced each other sibling's life, marriage, death, children, wills, obituaries...etc... Sunray is a mystery because I'd never heard of him/her before apart from a family bible mention... so I am still thinking stillborn.

Ellen died on 12 July 1859 at Lane End due to 'Natural Causes', aged five years. Her inquest was held on 16 July 1859.

Matt :)
Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 February 11 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for the offer Matt, but I'll decline it thank you.

William Cutler(1817) originates from Great Kimble, Bucks.  Parents are James and Elizabeth Cutler.

Although they are related to my Cutlers, his nephew married into my STEVENS.

Sorry I couldn't help, but hopefully whoever is following that Cutler line, will be glad of the cert though.

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline HeatherLynne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 26 February 11 15:44 GMT (UK) »
I've read this thread with interest (no family connection though), and wondered if Sunray may have been a stillborn baby?  The name is as you say out of character amongst the conventional names of Sunray's siblings, but would be a suitable and touching name for a baby that lived only a day, if at all.  It seems as if the family wanted to record Sunray's brief appearance but perhaps didn't choose a normal name as they knew it wouldn't be used long-term.

All supposition of course, but to me it seems to fit the circumstances.

Heather
Rassell - South Hayling/Portsea/Chelsea,  Hellyer - Totnes/Islington,  Roots - Hackney,  Edden - St Pancras