Author Topic: 5 Willow Terrace, Douglas  (Read 6736 times)

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Willow Terrace, Douglas
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 26 February 11 21:37 GMT (UK) »
possibly a red herring but try 1881 Mount Rule Road Ballagawne Farm where 3 sons of Edward Kewish are joiners - both edward snr + jnr died in 1880's.
The Manx Museum has had several volunteers at work transcribing the ledger books of 1880 onwards giving property transactions and relating same to the deeds (intended as part of iCentre which opens next month) so you may be lucky and find much of the tedium in property research removed - my own interests lie pre 1841 census and 18th C (+ earlier) property transfers
ETA Edwd jnr appears to have left a will in 1888 (on Mormon microfilm) that might help
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline MoragC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Willow Terrace, Douglas
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 February 11 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Frances,

I recently received a PDF of descendants of Ffinlo Kewish from a contact in Lancashire and the Ballagawne Kewishes are on that.

I'll have a look back at that - either one of the sons or another Kewish was shown as a builder once I matched up the census with  the person - but I tended to think he was a bit young to have built the house at Willow Terrace   -however,  I'll double-check.

The 1888 Will might be helpful as it could list property. I'll work on that too.

Thanks again.

MoragC