Author Topic: John Molloy & family  (Read 21306 times)

Offline Trappa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Molloy & family
« Reply #18 on: Monday 02 July 12 22:36 BST (UK) »
Hi jecgirl,

I would be very pleased  to receive any information you hold on the Molloys in Canada and in turn, if you are interested I can provide information on Charles Molloy who came  to Australia.

Trappa

Offline jecgirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 02 July 12 23:07 BST (UK) »
Trappa, my records are by no means complete but I show only 3 children of John Molloy and Eliza Kerans, Charles T. b 1854, William b 1859 and Elizabeth b 1864.  I would appreciate your filling in the blanks for me.  Charles T. married Dora Hankinson (b 1857 in King's County) in 1884.  Charles T. died in Durrow 17 Dec 1909.   They had 8 children that I am aware of.  Dora and some of the children emigrated to Canada in 1914 and some of their descendents still live in Brantford, Ontario.  William married Sarah Elizabeth Kelly, b 1866 in Tullamore, King's County in 1882.  They had 10 children and emigrated to Canada in 1913.  Sarah was the sister of my grandmother Emily Kelly.  Sarah and Emily had an uncle William Kelly who emigrated to Australia in 1856 to join his brother Thomas.  They farmed and the farm was called Clonminch, after their homeland in King's County.  Sarah and Emily also had a brother William whom I believe first went to England and then to Australia as well.  There are many descendents of the two Molloy brother's in Canada although I am not in contact with any except one.
How do you fit into the Molloy family?   I have a Charles T. Molloy, son of the above Charles T. and Dora who was born in 1888 but I have no further info.  Is this the Charles you are related to?

Offline Trappa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 02 July 12 23:58 BST (UK) »
Hi jecgirl,

My relationship is through Charles Warren Molloy, brother of John Molloy who married Eliza Kerans and William Molloy who married Eliza Hankinson.  Their parents being Charles Molloy and Jain Whittaker.  Charles Warren Molloy emigrated to Australia approx 1855. He married Elizabeth Ward at Port Macquarie, NSW and moved to Walcha NSW.

Trappa

Offline jecgirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 03 July 12 00:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks.  I do have Charles Warren and Elizabeth Ward on my tree but I have no dates or other information or any children.  If you would share that info with me, you could use the board email to do so.  I believe there was also a sister of Charles Warren named Anne and my records have her as a twin of John (or at least born in the same year, 1821) but I have no other info.  I also had the parental information.   

Offline kwhitts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 18 January 13 13:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Just going through the threads and noticed a potential error. A John Handibo arrived as an unassisted immigrant in 1836 in Port Jackson, NSW, Australia. Sarah also arrived as an unassisted immigrant in 1836 in Port Jackson, NSW, Australia. Coincidence?
The John Handibo transported in 1830 was also a younger man according to the convict records, born in 1787.
Regards
kwhitts  :-)

Offline rayat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 22 November 13 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, my great grandfather was a James Molloy from Kildangan. His daughter married and moved into Tullamore. I've been to the Kildangan house but not been inside though I do have some pictures of it.
If it is the same Molloys then the grave stone of the little boy reminds me of a story from my mother who told how James' wife was feeding the turkeys and had boiled up nettles. The child stumbled backwards into it....
I believe that James' mother was a Mallone from Rahan.
Hope I'm not wasting your time here....

Offline kwhitts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 22 November 13 10:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi ray at
Good to hear from you. I am very interested in hearing more about your James Molloy. I was in Durrow & Tullamore in May chasing info on our Molloys. Do you know any birthdate or death date for your Great Grandfather? We have been deciphering a Molloy table gravestone from the Durrow Church graveyard that may be of interest.
Karen
Australia

Offline rayat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 24 November 13 19:57 GMT (UK) »
I would have said that a second James Molloy in Kildangan was unlikely, but a second James Molloy who was a right footer (protestant) is even odder. No, my great grandfather would have been RC and if by the church in Durrow you mean the church on the Durrow estate, then no, he would more than likely be buried in Tullamore although there is a rather pretty RC church a little ways along the Kilbeggan road. The truth is partly that I don't remember enough details and partly that there was something of a distance between two parts of the family. But obviously I was mistaken in thinking it was the same Molloys.

All the best, Ray